Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission Denied in SFTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Permission Denied in SFTP Post 302817503 by Deei on Thursday 6th of June 2013 02:02:09 AM
Old 06-06-2013
Can you please let me know where should I change and see logs in COPSSH ?

I have tried the same with "with" password connection and it can access it all. There is a problem only when I am doing password-less connection

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp: Could'nt get handle: permission denied

Hi all, I tried to google this issue but I wound up having more questions; so I'm posting here. =) I have a client who connects to my unix server via sftp to pick up a file nightly. Usually, they have no issue doing this but today was different. Here's their log: MA_OFAC_RECEIVE module:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP show Permission is denied

Hi. I am running this line in AIX unix and I am getting the error Permission is denied. Could you help me on this please. rcp -p rgranado@sniux01:/homeusr/ven/edi/procesados/asn/* gisadm@sniux03:/gentran/SI51/install/HD_XML/OUT Please use next time code tags for your code and data (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
2 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
NWCLIENT(5)							     nwclient							       NWCLIENT(5)

NAME
nwclient - configuration file for NWClient program suite DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the rather simple format of the file $HOME/.nwclient, the configuration file for the NWClient program suite. FILE FORMAT
The file $HOME/.nwclient consists of several lines, each describing a NWClient connection. Lines beginning with # and empty lines are ignored as comments. Because you can store passwords in .nwclient, the user programs will only scan .nwclient when only the file owner has access rights to the file. The file must be have permissions 0600. To specify a NWClient connection, the name of the file server, the user name to be used and a password is necessary. The server name and the user name are specified as SERVER/USER, and the password is separated by a blank. The password field can be omitted. In this case the user programs will ask you for a password. If you specify the password to be just a dash, then no password is used. The first valid specification has a special meaning: If the user does not name a server on the command line, the first specification is used as a 'preferred connection'. An example might be the following: # The preferred connection, the user is asked # for a password FS311/ME # And a passwordless account on another server CD-SERV/GUEST - With these lines in $HOME/.nwclient, calling 'ncpmount /mnt' will mount the the file server FS311 with user name ME on /mnt after asking the user for a password. ncpmount -S cd-serv /cd will silently mount the server cd-serv on /cd. nprint, pqlist and other user programs that require a valid login also look up $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and pos- sibly a password. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), slist(1), pqlist(1), nprint(1) nwclient 12/27/1995 NWCLIENT(5)