Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Tomcat 6.0 fails to read symlink(symbolic link) file Post 302817405 by KingaKoopa on Wednesday 5th of June 2013 06:48:33 PM
Old 06-05-2013
Tomcat 6.0 fails to read symlink(symbolic link) file

Hello all experts, Im in a situation where Tomcat simply does not want to read this file through the symlink....
I checked permissions..OK
Also checked file & tomcat owner...all OK.

This is what I have my /tomcat/conf/Catalina/local/appname.xml
<Context>
<Resource name="jdbc/black"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
url=......................
username="blah"
password="whoaaa"/>

<Resource name="jdbc/brown"
<Resource name="jdbc/purple"

<Context path="/appname" override="true" docBase="appname" reloadable="false" crossContext="true" allowLinking="true"/>
</Context>

I tried to add /tomcat/webapps/appname/META-INF/context.xml ( still doesnt work)

<Context>
<Context path="/appname" override="true" docBase="appname" reloadable="false" crossContext="true" allowLinking="true"/>
</Context>

but my app still does not read the symbolically linked file but if replaced with the real file , works fine.
My tomcat version is 6.0.14 on linux RHEL 5 & jdk1.6.0_16
Any ideas where the issue might be?
All help is very much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get symbolic link file

hi all, I am trying to ftp and get some symbolic link file as it is instead of getting whatever it is pointing at. Is it do-able? Thx in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find .dat file in symbolic link

Hi, I am trying to find all files in a directory that have .dat and .int extensions and removing them. rm -f `find ${MY_DIR} -type f -name '*.dat' -o -name '*.int'` This works fine if $MY_DIR is a regular directory. However when $MY_DIR is a symbolic link then this command fails. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeto
1 Replies

4. Solaris

symlink on link file

Hi all, I want to create a symlink on a link file, i mean, there is a file which is actually a symlink of some version. Now i want to create one more symlink on that link file. EX: there is a file: uat -> version prod -> version Now i want to create one more link on these 'uat' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

symbolic link to an executable file

I have a script within my home folder and want to be able to execute it without using the sh command. I know that if it was in ~/bin and executable I could do it just by typing the file name, but would rather keep it in the current file structure I tried creating a soft link in ~/bin,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaloopa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic link to an empty file shows size 2

Hi, I have created an empty file and a symbolic link to a file. But when I issue the following commands, I am getting the output 2. stat -c "%s" linkfile du -hb linkfile Why this is happening? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ln -s creates symlink in symlink, if [ -f ... ] says file that exists doesn't exist

Hi Forums, I got a little problem, I made a few modifications to the code of the launch script of a testing server(minecraft) and now updating is broken aswell as the automatic directory creation. These Lines somehow create an endless symlink that refers to itself and I don't know how to fix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xaymar
0 Replies

8. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link

Hi, trying to understand more about symblic link, when I compiled a program called "match" in one folder ~/downloadsoftware/I want this program to be accessible like a system command by putting a symbolic link in /usr/bin/ Not by setting the $PATH method in .bashrc at this time. What I did is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
LCHOWN(3)								 1								 LCHOWN(3)

lchown - Changes user ownership of symlink

SYNOPSIS
bool lchown (string $filename, mixed $user) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the owner of the symlink $filename to user $user. Only the superuser may change the owner of a symlink. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $user - User name or number. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Changing the owner of a symbolic link <?php $target = 'output.php'; $link = 'output.html'; symlink($target, $link); lchown($link, 8); ?> NOTES
Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. Note This function is not implemented on Windows platforms. SEE ALSO
chown(3), lchgrp(3), chgrp(3), chmod(3). PHP Documentation Group LCHOWN(3)