Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Symbols not found for architecture: trouble compiling with C++ Post 302816751 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 01:32:12 PM
Old 06-04-2013
You have to tell g++ to use the library.

Code:
g++ -o Astro AstroTest.cpp lib/libnova.dylib

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

undefined symbols

i am trying to compile transcode on AIX v 4.3.3 with gcc 3.0.1 i am getting this error: gcc -shared -o .libs/libexport_null.so.0 export_null.o -lpthread -ldl -lc -Wl,-bnoentry -Wl,-bexport:.libs/libexport_null.exp ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: capability_flag ld: 0711-317... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

bash...Not found through where(compiling source file)

Hi i have compiled and installed bash 3.2 on my hp-ux parisc its in path /usr/local/pkg/bash/bin/bash .....When im search for this bash (through whereis bash) im not findind but other which i hve done in same procedure( gettext,m4) ..Im able to find through whereis search option can any1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

3. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

4. Solaris

cc not found error in compiling perl modules

:rolleyes:make cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xO3 -xdepend -DVERSION="2.121\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.121\" -KPIC -I/usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int/CORE Dumper.c make: cc: Command not found make: *** Error 127 cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xarch=v8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyophan
0 Replies

5. Programming

MinGW - Trouble Compiling Guile

This question is not about programming but compiling with GNU GCC/Make. I am not on a UNIX machine but am using the UNIX-like environment MSYS with MinGW for compiling. The problem that I am having is that I cannot get guile to compile. For some reason it cannot find libltdl which is part of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deluge
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cross Compiling Issue of udev-151 for MIPS Little Endain Architecture

Hi All, I am trying to cross compile udev-151 for MIPS little endian architecture. I am configuring like this: ./configure --prefix=$PWD/sree --host=mips-linux-gnu configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host. If a cross compiler is detected then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsreeram
3 Replies

7. Programming

Trouble compiling program using the readline library.

Hi: in the info page for readline library I read -- Function: void rl_variable_dumper (int readable) Print the readline variable names and their current values to `rl_outstream'. If READABLE is non-zero, the list is formatted in such a way that it can be made part of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stf92
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling libcdio-paranoia, gcc found - C compiler doesnt work

Heyas I'm currently trying to make a fresh build from scratch/source of FFMPEG. This said, it brings quite a tail with it, so the use of a script was very obvious. Anyway, i'm currently stuck at named package. Lets ignore the tarball/download line, as the error is after. Commands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
INTRO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  INTRO(3)

NAME
intro -- introduction to the C libraries DESCRIPTION
This section provides an overview of the C library functions, their error returns and other common definitions and concepts. Most of these functions are available from the System library, libSystem. Other libraries must be indicated at compile time with the -l option of the com- piler. The various libraries (followed by the loader flag): libSystem (-lSystem) Standard C library functions. When using the C compiler cc(1), it is not necessary to supply the loader flag -lSystem for these functions. There are several `libraries' or groups of functions included inside of libSystem: the standard I/O routines, database routines, bit operators, string operators, character tests and character operators, des encryp- tion routines, storage allocation, time functions, signal handling and more. For compatibility with other systems, which provide these capabilities in separate libraries (such as libc), symbolic links are provided for -lc, -ldbm, -ldl, -linfo, -lm, -lpoll, -lpthread and -lrpcsvc; they all point to libSystem. libcurses (-lcurses -ltermcap) Terminal independent screen management routines for two dimensional non-bitmap display terminals. (See ncurses(3).) libl (-ll) The library for lex(1). libtermcap (-ltermcap) The terminal independent operation library package. (See termcap(3).) liby (-ly) The library for yacc(1). FILES
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib the main System library /usr/lib/libSystem_debug.dylib the main System library compiled with debug support /usr/lib/libSystem_profile.dylib the main System library compiled for profiling SEE ALSO
cc(1), ld(1), nm(1), intro(2), stdio(3) HISTORY
An intro manual appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
Aug 17, 2006 BSD