Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Attach the logfile(.log)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Attach the logfile(.log) Post 302816577 by indira_s on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 08:08:48 AM
Old 06-04-2013
Attach the logfile(.log)

Hi All,

Please provide command to attached the logfile in linux.

This is Linux server version.
HP-UX B.11.31

I try to attach the logfile by using uuenode. But it is not working.

Please correct me.

Code:
uuencode /a1/a2/rrpt.log /a1/a2/rrpt.log | mailx -s "$2" a.s@xxx.com

The above command send the mail from server but it is not getting attached. Only 20% of logfile is displayed in the body of mail.

Thanks & Regards,
Indu

Last edited by radoulov; 06-04-2013 at 09:37 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Printers.hpJetDirect.attach

Can someone email me a copy of this file? Our AIX 5 cds are at our hotsite and I need a copy to try a fix on a printer. flyingdutchman1978@gmail.com Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: schism25
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

attach 2 files using mailx

if test.dat is the file cat test.dat|uuencode test.dat|mailx -s "subject" mailid can be used for attaching test.dat how can i attach more than one file to a mail using mailx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to track a log file of one process and mail that logfile to a group?

Hi Friendz, I have 14 DB load scripts say 1,2,3....14. I want a script to call each script automatically, and after completion of every script, it needs to track the logfile and mail that log file to a group.and again it should run the next script in sequence 1,2,3...14 Please help me,need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shirdi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can not attach using mailx

hi I know this topic has been discussed a lot in the forum but still couldnt get a exact solution to problem i am facing I have a CSV file genertaed on Unix box and want to be sent to my email . mailx -s "TEST" "xyz@hotmail.com" < 1.csv cat 1.csv | mailx -s "TEST" "xyz@hotmail.com" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with Update on attach

Hi All, Can any-one explain me how update on attach works on solaris zones. Here is the situation . I am trying to migrate a zones xx-xxx-xxx from Global zone A to Global zone B. Here is the error message zoneadm is displaying zoneadm: zone 'xx-xx-xxx': ERROR: attempt to downgrade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

xm block-attach

Hi guys. I'm studding XEN virtualization with 'The Book Of XEN'. in page 46 it has a statement about how to use xm block-attach command that I don't understand. here is the command: xm block-attach 0 tap:aio:/opt/xen/anthony.img /dev/xvda1 w 0and here is sentence: we are attaching anthony.img... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tail -f logfile. if log file is generate every 1 HR.?

Hello, How to tail -f logfile. if log file is gennerate every 1 HR. I want it works automatically all the time. never changes it by manual. Thank ls -trl CybertonTransaction.* -rw-r--r-- 1 autobot robot 617071 Jul 9 00:02 CybertonTransaction.20130709-00.log -rw-r--r-- 1 autobot ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies
cachefslog(1M)															    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
logfile| cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The command is used to enable or disable logging for a cachefs_mount_point. When the command is used without any options, it displays the logfile. The logfile contains information on the operation performed on a cachefs_mount_point and statistics used by to get the working set size of cache directory. The specified logfile will contain information for all the CacheFS mount points using the same cache direc- tory. A logfile and a cache directory have a 1-to-1 mapping; that is, even if a cache directory is removed and recreated with the same name, the logfile used in the previous instance of the cache directory cannot be reused with the new cache directory. Enabling logging may have performance impact, even if minimal, on the operations for all the CacheFS mount points using the same cache directory. The command is mainly used for debugging purposes. Options The following options are supported. You must be a superuser to use the and options. Specify the logfile to be used. Halt logging. Operands cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Success. non-zero An error occurred. EXAMPLES
1. Checking the logging of a directory. This example checks if the CacheFS file system is being logged: 2. Changing the logfile. This example changes the logfile of to 3. Verifying the change of a logfile. This example verifies the change of the previous example: 4. Halting the logging of a directory. This example halts logging for the directory: AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M). cachefslog(1M)