Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Confusion with "su -c" and quotes, user context switching? Post 302816041 by kchinnam on Monday 3rd of June 2013 07:17:49 AM
Old 06-03-2013
Appreciate you taking time to clarify this.. I will make a note of it and use 'su -c'.

Last edited by kchinnam; 06-03-2013 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: grammar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing scalars contaning "DOUBLE QUOTES" as data

Hello to all, Does anyone know the solution ? Two strings A and B are present. I want to check whether B is a Substring of A. 1. The value of A is - 29 * * * /bin/ls "test" "tmp*" "log*" (Note: Pl note that A contains DOUBLEQUOTES, ASTERISK & FRONTSLASH) 2. The value of B is -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rssrik
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of comma(,) present inbetween double quotes(" ")

Hi Experts, I have a file with some of the records contain double quotes. If I found a double quote(") in any particular record , I need to look for the next double quote in that particular record and in between these quotes, if any comma(,) is there I need to replace with Tilde (~) in the same... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep confusion with "I" and "-I" pattern

I am executing following command egrep -w I filename.txt the filename.txt has following data .... -I 07-18 08:31:19.924 9880 6 SessionManager ConnectConfig: ConfigurationWebService LoginResults=SuccessfulLogin I am so hungry that I need to eat I expect egrep to print only the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VBG
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SHUTTER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						SHUTTER(1)

NAME
Shutter - Feature-rich Screenshot Tool SYNOPSIS
shutter [options] COPYRIGHT
Shutter is Copyright (C) by Mario Kemper and Shutter Team DESCRIPTION
Shutter is a feature-rich screenshot program. You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website - apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window. OPTIONS
Example 1 shutter -a -p=myprofile --min_at_startup Example 2 shutter -s=100,100,300,300 -e Example 3 shutter --window=.*firefox.* Example 4 shutter --web=http://shutter-project.org/ -e CAPTURE MODE OPTIONS -s, --select=[X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT] Capture an area of the screen. Providing X,Y,WIDTH,HEIGHT is optional. -f, --full Capture the entire screen. -w, --window=[NAME_PATTERN] Select a window to capture. Providing a NAME_PATTERN (Perl-style regex) ist optional. -a, --active Capture the current active window. --section Capture a section. You will be able to select any child window by moving the mouse over it. -m, --menu Capture a menu. -t, --tooltip Capture a tooltip. --web=[URL] Capture a webpage. Providing an URL ist optional. -r, --redo Redo last screenshot. SETTINGS OPTIONS -p, --profile=NAME Load a specific profile on startup. -o, --output=FILENAME Specify a filename to save the screenshot to (overwrites any profile-related setting). Supported image formats: You can save to any popular image format (e.g. jpeg, png, gif, bmp). Additionally it is possible to save to pdf, ps or svg. Please note: There are several wildcards available, like %Y = year %m = month %d = day %T = time $w = width $h = height $name = multi-purpose (e.g. window title) $nb_name = like $name but without blanks in resulting strings $profile = name of current profile $R = random char (e.g. $RRRR = ag4r) %NN = counter The string is interpretted by strftime. See "man strftime" for more examples. As an example: shutter -f -e -o './%y-%m-%d_$w_$h.png' would create a file named '11-10-28_1280_800.png' in the current directory. -d, --delay=SECONDS Wait n seconds before taking a screenshot. -c, --include_cursor Include cursor when taking a screenshot. -C, --remove_cursor Remove cursor when taking a screenshot. APPLICATION OPTIONS -h, --help Prints a brief help message and exits. -v, --version Prints version information. -d, --debug Prints a lot of debugging information to STDOUT. --clear_cache Clears cache, e.g. installed plugins, at startup. --min_at_startup Starts Shutter minimized to tray. --disable_systray Disables systray icon. -e, --exit_after_capture Exit after the first capture has been made. This is useful when using Shutter in scripts. -n, --no_session Do not add the screenshot to the session. This is useful when using Shutter in scripts. BUG REPORTS
If you find a bug in Shutter, you should report it. But first, you should make sure that it really is a bug, and that it appears in the latest version of Shutter. The latest version is always available from: https://launchpad.net/shutter Once you have determined that a bug actually exists, please report it at launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/shutter/+filebug perl v5.14.2 2012-04-11 SHUTTER(1)