Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting mysql column value in variable Post 302815975 by juve11 on Monday 3rd of June 2013 03:23:54 AM
Old 06-03-2013
i did it with

somevariable=$(mysql -uroot database -sN -e "select count(id) from some_table where id='$id' ;")

Thank you!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting grep -c results number in a variable

I want to display "no results found" if a grep search of a name that the user inputs is not found anywhere in a certain file, Right now I have this, but doesn't seem to work. Im not sure what to change. read name results=grep -c $name file if ; then echo "No results found." exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busdude
1 Replies

3. Programming

declare a variable in mysql

i have created a script to insert 100K rows into mysql db. But the forst line where i declare the variable is giving error. I am new to mysql. Can anyone help me in this? the script is ====================================== DECLARE c INT(10) := 54; BEGIN WHILE c <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
4 Replies

4. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text file -> fixed column -> MySQL DB

Hi ! I have searched in the forum, but i'm not able to combine various solution to help me ! My problem is very simple for a bash scripter or a old linux man, but not for me (novice and inexperienced). I need to store in a mysql database the output of "last" command, but the table where i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axl936
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract data from Column having variable length column

Hi , I need to extract data from below mentioned data, having no delimiter and havin no fixed column length. For example: Member nbr Ref no date 10000 1000 10202012 200000 2000 11202012 Output: to update DB with memeber nbr on basis of ref no. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a mysql column via bash script

Hello, I want to check the value of all MySQL columns.(column name is "status") via bash script. If value is "0" at I want to make only single column value to "1" I have many "0" values on mysql database(on "status" column) "0" means it is a draft post. I want to publish a post. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking nth column and putting its value in n+1 column using awk

Hello Members, Need your expert opinion how to tackle below. I have an input file that looks like below: USS|AWCC|AFGAW|93|70 USSAA|Roshan TDCA|AFGTD|93|72,79 ALB|Vodafone|ALBVF|355|69 ALGEE|Wataniya (Nedjma)|DZAWT|213|50,550 I like output file in below format: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
7 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 10.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)