Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting mysql column value in variable Post 302815975 by juve11 on Monday 3rd of June 2013 03:23:54 AM
Old 06-03-2013
i did it with

somevariable=$(mysql -uroot database -sN -e "select count(id) from some_table where id='$id' ;")

Thank you!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting grep -c results number in a variable

I want to display "no results found" if a grep search of a name that the user inputs is not found anywhere in a certain file, Right now I have this, but doesn't seem to work. Im not sure what to change. read name results=grep -c $name file if ; then echo "No results found." exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busdude
1 Replies

3. Programming

declare a variable in mysql

i have created a script to insert 100K rows into mysql db. But the forst line where i declare the variable is giving error. I am new to mysql. Can anyone help me in this? the script is ====================================== DECLARE c INT(10) := 54; BEGIN WHILE c <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
4 Replies

4. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text file -> fixed column -> MySQL DB

Hi ! I have searched in the forum, but i'm not able to combine various solution to help me ! My problem is very simple for a bash scripter or a old linux man, but not for me (novice and inexperienced). I need to store in a mysql database the output of "last" command, but the table where i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axl936
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract data from Column having variable length column

Hi , I need to extract data from below mentioned data, having no delimiter and havin no fixed column length. For example: Member nbr Ref no date 10000 1000 10202012 200000 2000 11202012 Output: to update DB with memeber nbr on basis of ref no. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a mysql column via bash script

Hello, I want to check the value of all MySQL columns.(column name is "status") via bash script. If value is "0" at I want to make only single column value to "1" I have many "0" values on mysql database(on "status" column) "0" means it is a draft post. I want to publish a post. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking nth column and putting its value in n+1 column using awk

Hello Members, Need your expert opinion how to tackle below. I have an input file that looks like below: USS|AWCC|AFGAW|93|70 USSAA|Roshan TDCA|AFGTD|93|72,79 ALB|Vodafone|ALBVF|355|69 ALGEE|Wataniya (Nedjma)|DZAWT|213|50,550 I like output file in below format: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
7 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)