Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting -v and -f option for grep not working Post 302815697 by millan on Saturday 1st of June 2013 06:02:36 PM
Old 06-01-2013
-v and -f option for grep not working

In solaris, i m trying to find the files having a particulat extension and then from the list i want to exclude those files which is present in a file.

But it seems the -f and -v option are not working

Code:

find $source -type f -name $extn | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -F -v -f $exclude | while read filename

do 

echo $filename

done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm? In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-d option not working...

:confused: In the following, when I enter a valid, existing directory,why am I getting Not Found when the Dir DOES exist? read auser echo "You entered $auser" wait 2 cd /home if then echo "Dir Exists" sleep 2 else echo "/home/$auser Not Found" sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

For ls command,-r option is not working on OSF1

There r 2 servers. Lets call them S1 and S2.. S1 is OSF1 and S2 is SunOS.. One directory of S2 is mounted on S1. say abc/xyz There is one application which continuously put xml files in that directory (on S2). If we give command “ls -lrt” on S2 it gives proper output.. (i.e. gives list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asmita
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent -Please help me 'mail' option not working

Hi , I have already posted a post regarding this, but i didn't get my problem solve, so some body help me as it was urgent for me, my mail option is not working, when i send a mail, it is strucking in /var/spool/mqueue folder. and i am getting struck there itself, i see below two files are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mars_girish9
1 Replies

5. Solaris

noatime option is not working with mount

Hi Gurus, I mount a filesystem with -o noatime option to avoid getting the recording of time into the inode, however as on when i am doing any chnage in any file create in this file system the timestamp of the file is changing, whcih i can see with ls -l :(. What can be the reason ? i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

who command option not working

Running HP 11.31 on a HP3600. But when I log in as a user the who command works but if I use an option like "who -m" I get nothing. Any thoughts on what is causing this problem. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMRWHUNTER
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

~c is not working properly with -r option

Hi There, --------- file1 ------- ~c asd@ac.com -------------- Now i am using below command cat file1|mailx -s " testing" -r " My Name" abc@tech.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapan Sharma
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep not working with -f option

Hi, I am trying to find out patterns in file 1 using patterns stored in file 2. Following is the code FILE1=inputfilename FILE2=blacklist blacklist 1203 97715555 20afEOF egrep -f $FILE2 $FILE1 but the above code is not working either using egrep or grep. Just for your... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
10 Replies

9. AIX

SQLPLUS -S option not working

Hi All, I am using the following script to run some sql on database but i am not getting the result. When i tried the same by removing "-s" option it is working fine but getting other things as well with my input as shown below. Can anyone please suggest why "-s" option is not working in AIX and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth option of find command not working

Can you please figure out what is the issue here $ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -size 0 -print find: bad option -maxdepth please find the OS details $ uname -a HP-UX g5u1216 B.11.31 U ia64 2614088426 unlimited-user license Use code tags, thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
6 Replies
bup-drecurse(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   bup-drecurse(1)

NAME
bup-drecurse - recursively list files in your filesystem SYNOPSIS
bup drecurse [-x] [-q] [--exclude path] [--exclude-from filename] [--profile] <path> DESCRIPTION
bup drecurse traverses files in the filesystem in a way similar to find(1). In most cases, you should use find(1) instead. This program is useful mainly for testing the file traversal algorithm used in bup-index(1). Note that filenames are returned in reverse alphabetical order, as in bup-index(1). This is important because you can't generate the hash of a parent directory until you have generated the hashes of all its children. When listing files in reverse order, the parent directory will come after its children, making this easy. OPTIONS
-x, --xdev, --one-file-system don't cross filesystem boundaries. -q, --quiet don't print filenames as they are encountered. Useful when testing performance of the traversal algorithms. --exclude=path a path to exclude from the backup (can be used more than once) --exclude-from=filename a file that contains exclude paths (can be used more than once) --profile print profiling information upon completion. Useful when testing performance of the traversal algorithms. EXAMPLE
bup drecurse -x / SEE ALSO
bup-index(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-drecurse(1)