Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep/awk/sed help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep/awk/sed help Post 302815685 by Don Cragun on Saturday 1st of June 2013 05:32:00 PM
Old 06-01-2013
Is this a homework item?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help!!!awk,grep,sed

hi all by using cat /etc/passwd I've got these output. ajh1ect:x:839:501:Anthony:/home/ajh1ect:/bin/bash mjb1ect:x:840:501:Michael:/home/mjb1ect:/bin/bash mv3ect:x:841:501:Marian:/home/mv3ect:/bin/bash now I want to see just the user ID and group ID. so what is the code will be with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed | Awk | Grep

Can someone help me in understanding when to use SED, AWK and GREP (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kn.naresh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk, Sed and Grep

Hello. I am an older newbie trying to learn Unix. I have a task to perform and it entails counting lines of code. Currently, I am pointing to the directory where the files are contained and performing a 'find' on the file extensions (cpp, c, html, java, etc.) and piping that info with a 'wc -l'.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Sed or Awk?

I have two .txt files one called good.txt and the other one is called bad.txt. Both contain email addresses in the following format: john@john.com bob@bob.com sarah@sarah.com Basically, I want to scrub good.txt against bad.txt and save the resulting output in scrubbed.txt meaning that if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How could i get this by sed or grep or awk ????

------------------------------------------------------------------ Ex of Warning messgae,(Many similar lines occure for Both Test and Test1) -WARNING:Below Field not implemented in file File name: /home/test/ new/file1, msg buffer is: :Test:000948 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prsam
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk grep sed or something better

Hello all, Can anyone help with the following? :) I have file1 with 150,000 words in a list and file2 with 148,000 words in a list - all of which are in file1. I want to create a new file with the words that DO NOT match (i.e of 2000 words). I have done this very simple command , which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or awk or sed not sure which to use here

Hi All, I have a huge file, I need to two things from this file. I need to know the IP address or the hostname and second thing is the date&time. The file looks like this and I need to get my data from this... Trying... Connected to 204.109.172.117. Escape character is '^]'. Fri... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help using sed/awk/grep

thanks for your reply. but i'm not quite sure what your code is doing. i may be using it wrong but i'm not getting what i'm supposed to get. could you please elaborate? thanks again, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kratos.
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/awk/sed?

Thread1 { x = 2 y = 10485 } Thread2 { x = 16 y = 1048 } Thread3 { x = 1 y = 1049 } Thread4 { x = 4 y = 1047 z = 500 } Suppose the above is a piece of code. I need to automate and verify that the value of x under Thread1's 2. There are several... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxtron
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep? awk? sed? I don't know

Hi everyone! I have a file like this And I would like to find the Medium label when the value "last write" is "Jan 14" (it's could be another value like "jan 6") I really don't know what way to use to solve this problem... Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
5 Replies
menu_item_opts(3CURSES) 				     Curses Library Functions					   menu_item_opts(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_item_opts, set_item_opts, item_opts_on, item_opts_off, item_opts - menus item option routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_opts(ITEM *item, OPTIONS opts); int item_opts_on(ITEM *item, OPTIONS opts); int item_opts_off(ITEM *item, OPTIONS opts); OPTIONS item_opts(ITEM *item); DESCRIPTION
set_item_opts() turns on the named options for item and turns off all other options. Options are boolean values that can be OR-ed together. item_opts_on() turns on the named options for item; no other option is changed. item_opts_off() turns off the named options for item; no other option is changed. item_opts() returns the current options of item. O_SELECTABLE The item can be selected during menu processing. RETURN VALUES
Except for item_opts(), these routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_item_opts(3CURSES)