Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modifying Variables in Files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying Variables in Files Post 302815467 by Yoda on Friday 31st of May 2013 10:48:28 PM
Old 05-31-2013
Code:
awk -F'=' 'NR==FNR{A[$1]=$2;next}/\$/{sub(/\$/,x);if(A[$2]) $2=A[$2]}1' OFS='=' file.set file.conf

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I ... (Modifying large ASCII files)

Hi Everybody! Situation: I have a large ASCII file (for example: 1-2 Mbytes) without linebreaks (\n). Task: I like inserting linebreaks after all 420 digits (byte). (pattern: *\n*\n*\n...etc.) My problem: How? :-) I like using shell script or (maybe) AWK (short) program. Please,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hviktor
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Appending/Modifying Excel files

Hi I have been using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel and Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to read and write excel workbooks, respectively. Spreadsheet::WriteExcel can only be used for creating new excel spreadsheets. I am looking for a module that would/should help me in appending to existing excel files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivay
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modifying C file and linking back to project files

hi, This is the first time I work in a big C project. All source code files are located in say directory /source/pp and all header files are in /include/pp. I've created a link to both of these directories from my home dir, say /home/ss. So in the /home/ss dir I have the /source/pp and /include/pp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruins2005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying grep to get files only within last 2 hrs

Hi gurus I am currently using the below mentioned grep to find timestamp of last generated log file. touch -t $time_search dummy ecust_time_stamp=$(find . -name 'eCustomerCME*' -newer dummy -type f -exec ls -ltr {} \; | tail -1 | awk ' { print $6,$7,$8 } ') I calculate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying command for Tar.gz Files.

:) Hi, I use the following command to search for a string in all the files in the directories and sub directories. find . -type f -print | xargs grep bermun@cial.net Can someone please cite a method wherin I can find the entries from a list of 300-500 *.gz files by modifying the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: openspark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bashrc files modifying the PS1 variable?

Is there a command for finding all files on the system named ".bashrc" that modify the PS1 variable? I'd like to list the full file name(s) and the protection (including the full path). (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying grep to return latest files

Hi guys, I currently use the below mwntioned grep statemen to get the timestamp of the last generated file in the directory. (ls -ltr eCustomerCME* | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk ' { print $6,$7,$8 } ') I need to modify this grep to search for files generated only within last 2 hrs. Can you pls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying xml files using sed

Hello, I have lots of xml files in the same format and I need to modify a xml tag in these files. i loop over the files and apply sed to the files to make the modification but CPU goes to %100 while doing this. I think I'm doing something wrong. Here is my onliner: for f in $( find . -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with modifying files

Hello everyone, I have some data files, with mixed header formats. the sample for the same is: >ABCD76567.x1 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76567.y1 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76568.x1 pair_info:898989 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76568.y1 pair_info:893489 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

New code for modifying text files in a folder

Hi I want to create a code that can do this for all text files in a folder. The filenames are all listed in the following syntax UNIQUEID-LABID_ - .txt Each file has a unique ID and a different name and the content in the file looks like this: Kinship Analysis Report --- Likelihood... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
12 Replies
DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)

NAME
devscripts.conf - configuration file for the devscripts package DESCRIPTION
The devscripts package provides a collection of scripts which may be of use to Debian developers and others wishing to build Debian pack- ages. Many of these have options which can be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. Every script in the devscripts package which makes use of values from these configuration files describes the specific settings recognised in its own manpage. (For a list of the scripts, either see /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz or look at the output of dpkg -L devscripts | grep /usr/bin.) The two configuration files are /etc/devscripts.conf for system-wide defaults and ~/.devscripts for per-user settings. They are written with bash(1) syntax, but should only have comments and simple variable assignments in them; they are both sourced (if present) by many of the devscripts scripts. Variables corresponding to simple switches should have one of the values yes and no; any other setting is regarded as equivalent to the default setting. All variable names are written in uppercase, and begin with the script name. Package-wide variables begin with "DEVSCRIPTS", and are listed below, as well as in the relevant manpages. For a list of all of the available options variables, along with their default settings, see the example configuration file /usr/share/doc/devscripts/devscripts.conf.ex. This is copied to /etc/devscripts.conf when the devscripts package is first installed. Information about configuration options introduced in newer versions of the package will be appended to /etc/devscripts.conf when the pack- age is upgraded. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using --no-conf as the first command-line option. PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: DEVSCRIPTS_CHECK_DIRNAME_LEVEL, DEVSCRIPTS_CHECK_DIRNAME_REGEX These variables control scripts which change directory to find a debian/changelog file or suchlike, and some other miscellaneous cases. In order to prevent unwanted, even possibly dangerous, behaviour, these variables control when actions will be performed. The scripts which currently make use of these variables are: debc, debchange/dch, debclean, debi, debrelease, debuild and uscan, but this list may change with time (and I may not remember to update this manpage). Please see the manpages of individual scripts for details of the specific behaviour for each script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1) and /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz. AUTHOR
This manpage was written for the devscripts package by the package maintainer Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)