Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Any way to get process statistics? Post 302814915 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 30th of May 2013 02:30:12 PM
Old 05-30-2013
Posix style is best portable:
Code:
ps -eo pid,stime,etime,time,rss,vsz,user,args

If you know the pid and the user and the args (in this case $$ - the pid of the shell):
Code:
ps -p $$ -o etime,time,rss,vsz,comm

Without header:
Code:
ps -p $$ -o etime= -o time= -o rss= -o vsz= -o comm=

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Server Statistics ?

I'm trying to write a C program to view server statistics such as: - server general information - CPU usage - memory usage - running processes Cany anybody gives me hints on those system calls ?? ps: I'm using Tru64 unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent007
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analyze Statistics

I have a file which contains records in the format of 2006-08-25 12:06:13|ABC|93 2006-08-25 12:45:55|ABC|203 2006-08-25 01:48:19|DEF|156 2006-08-25 01:49:09|ABC|12798 2006-08-25 02:49:59|GHL|4109 2006-08-25 03:50:50|DEF|234 where the format is "arrive time"|"message type"|"processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file statistics??

Is there any command in Unix (HP-UX) which will give me the file statistics .. e.g I have a file called r001 if I created that file on 2nd of aug 2005 and till now I changed that file contents 10 times. So how will I get the history statistic(time & date) of file modification. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IO statistics of a solaris process

Hi, How to find the IO being consumed by a partciular Solaris process? A plain iostat only gives the IO statistics of the system/disk as a whole! Any help would be appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Socket statistics

Is there any way to get the file descriptor statistics of a socket file descriptor? I know that the fstat, stat system calls are for this purpose, but I want to know it there any way to get socket connection statistics for a file descriptor(like socket flags, connection type etc). Does /proc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comp_wizard07
3 Replies

6. Solaris

how to get server statistics

Hello What commands can give following type of information about the server: Time: 20080331.12:10:39 Current CPU: 97.0% Current Memory: 3.7% Current Disk Space: 76% The resources on server is currently not available. Current CPU, Memory, or Disk Space is exceeding threshold Waiting for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalua
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

8. AIX

Statistics Aix

Hello If there is a way to get a statistics from Aix box server from a month. cpu use, memory, disc use, etc. Maybe via smitty or I need to do a script. The os is Aix 5.3 Greetings (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

statistics using awk

Hi, I have 3 columns in a file listed below. X Y X/(X+Y) 1 1 0.5 1 1 0.5 4 1 0.8 1 1 0.5 6 1 0.857142857 1 1 0.5 23 1 0.958333333 Now I want to find confidence interval using the formula for each row. (p-2 sqrt p(1-p)/(x+y), p+2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies
GETDELAYS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GETDELAYS(1)

NAME
getdelays -- Display delay statistics SYNOPSIS
getdelays -c command getdelays -p pid getdelays -t tid DESCRIPTION
The getdelays utility helps pin-point possible resource shortages when running an application. The SLES10 kernel includes patches to imple- ment delay accounting, which measures the time a process spends waiting for disk I/O, swap I/O and CPU time slices. For example, if an application is running rather slowly, delay accounting can tell you where it spends all its time. For instance, when the CPU delay is high, this means the application is competing with other proces for run time, but is losing quite often. High memory delays mean that the sum of applications running on this system need more physical memory than is available, and are swapping quite a lot. In order to enable delay accounting, you need to specify delayacct on the kernel command line when booting the system. Getdelays has three modes of operation: getdelays -c command This will invoke command and print a summary of delay statistics when the command finishes. getdelays -p pid This will print the current delay statistics of the process identified pid. getdelays -t tid This will print the current delay statistics of the thread group identified tid. AUTHOR
Balbir Singh, IBM Corp. Shailabh Nagar, IBM Corp. Manpage contributed by Olaf Kirch <okir@suse.de> April 13, 2006 GETDELAYS(1)