Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function to remove the directories from PATH variable Post 302814807 by RudiC on Thursday 30th of May 2013 08:48:24 AM
Old 05-30-2013
What's not working? Post input, desired output, error messages or other indicators so we can help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create 3 different new directories under the same path

Hi, Iam new to UNIX...My requirement is to create 3 dir as an hierarchy under /var/opt/temip.The output should be /var/opt/temip/GP_Int/GPTTS/AUTO. I have tried the following script...But only GP_int folder is getting created and not other folders...Can someone help??? #!/usr/bin/ksh #script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Llb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in given path do not want to traverse to its sub-directories

Hi All, My UNIX Version is: OS Name Release Version AIX appma538 3 5 I want to find certain files with some criterias under the given path. At the same time i want to find the files which resides under the given directory, but normal find traverse to its sub-directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print path files in different directories

Hi guys :) First of all Happy New Year :) so i dont know if my doubt its already here posted by other person ... i need to print to one file the path of few files that are in different directories, like this: directory muscle ATP6.aa.muscle.fasta COX1.aa.muscle.fasta . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreia
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Adding Directories to PATH in HP-UX with csh

HI Guys, I am truing to add some directories to the productive HP-UX (like /usr/sbin) the problem is that i tried some methods like (export) and setenv but i failed. I add some logs output of the commands to provide you with more info . the user which I am trying to add this path is different... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barry1946
5 Replies
remove(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						remove(3C)

NAME
remove - remove file SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int remove(const char *path); DESCRIPTION
The remove() function causes the file or empty directory whose name is the string pointed to by path to be no longer accessible by that name. A subsequent attempt to open that file using that name will fail, unless the file is created anew. For files, remove() is identical to unlink(). For directories, remove() is identical to rmdir(). See rmdir(2) and unlink(2) for a detailed list of failure conditions. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, remove() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rmdir(2), unlink(2), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Aug 2002 remove(3C)