Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Convert month(06) to String(Jun) Post 302814535 by RudiC on Wednesday 29th of May 2013 03:58:00 PM
Old 05-29-2013
Two comments on Don Cragun's proposal:
Arrays in both shells mentioned start at index 0; so you should use sth like $M-1 as an index (you then should not set M=0, obviously).
Although quoting is usually encouraged, assigning an array of constants like above, you can do without.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert the numeric month into alphabetic

hi , This function actually gives me the last month but as a numeric value what should i do to get it as suppose :Jul date '+%b %Y' | { read MONTH YEAR MONTH=`expr "$MONTH" - 1` echo $MONTH } Thanks. Rooh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print current month - 1 in string format

I need to get the current month -1 in string format, like Feb-2006. I am using k shell. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogli4
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert DDMMYYYY to DD MONTH YYYY in Unix

Hi I am having date as a string in DDMMYYYY format(07082008) in a variable say cdate. I want to Convert it into DD Month YYYY format(7 August 2008). Could someone help. Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspk_praveen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert into month name

Hi, If I am having month like 2/3/4 then how can I convert it into month name like Feb/Mar/Apr.... Is there any defined function in Perl ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

5. AIX

Convert unix timestamp to year month day format ?

Hello, How do I convert unix timestamp value to 'normal' date format - to get year month and day values ? Looks like it's easy to do using GNU date (linux systems). But how do I do tthis on AIX ? I don't want to write C program, any ways to do that using unix shells ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk convert 2012-Jun-13 to 2012-06-13

I have a value in a file i am processing that has a date like "2012-Jun-13" how can I convert a date like that 2012-06-13? Am I stuck building an array of three digit months and corresponding numbers and running through the logic of figuring out the number?? or can I convert this with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month from requesting date 'date' in sh scripting ? Let say I have output in my log.txt -> 7/18/2015. How I convert it to the full number of month starting from 'date' till 7/18/2015 in shell scripting ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amerabest
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert From Month Number to Month Name

Hi, I have a script that accepts an input date from the user in yyyy-mm-dd format. I need to get the mm-dd part and convert it to month name. example: 2011-11-15 I want that to become "Nov 15" I don't have the GNU date, I am using an AIX os. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line and convert Month to Decimal

# Sample input common-name www.test.com.au expiration Dec 21 01:00:31 2017 GMT common-name www.test1.com.au expiration Jan 19 04:41:03 2018 GMT # Desired Output # Field 1: Domain name # Field 2: Date/time converted to Austraian format DD/MM/YYYY and on the same line as Domain Name. #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangbom
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace integer string in a variable based on month?

Hi Folks - Linux Version = Linux 2.6.39-400.128.17.el5uek x86_64 I have a process that determines the start and end load periods for an Oracle data load process. The variables used are as follows follows: They are populated like such: However, the load requires the month to be the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies
GLENABLEVERTEXATTRIB(3G)					    OpenGL 3.3						  GLENABLEVERTEXATTRIB(3G)

NAME
glEnableVertexAttribArray, glDisableVertexAttribArray - Enable or disable a generic vertex attribute array C SPECIFICATION
void glEnableVertexAttribArray(GLuint index); void glDisableVertexAttribArray(GLuint index); PARAMETERS
index Specifies the index of the generic vertex attribute to be enabled or disabled. DESCRIPTION
glEnableVertexAttribArray enables the generic vertex attribute array specified by index. glDisableVertexAttribArray disables the generic vertex attribute array specified by index. By default, all client-side capabilities are disabled, including all generic vertex attribute arrays. If enabled, the values in the generic vertex attribute array will be accessed and used for rendering when calls are made to vertex array commands such as glDrawArrays(), glDrawElements(), glDrawRangeElements(), glMultiDrawElements(), or glMultiDrawArrays(). ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if index is greater than or equal to GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet() with argument GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS glGetVertexAttrib() with arguments index and GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_ENABLED glGetVertexAttribPointerv() with arguments index and GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_POINTER SEE ALSO
glBindAttribLocation(), glDrawArrays(), glDrawElements(), glDrawRangeElements(), glMultiDrawElements(), glVertexAttrib(), glVertexAttribPointer() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005 3Dlabs Inc. Ltd. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLENABLEVERTEXATTRIB(3G)