Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command Logic
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command Logic Post 302814531 by johnprince1980 on Wednesday 29th of May 2013 03:51:03 PM
Old 05-29-2013
Command Logic

Hi,

I need the logic to utilize the command output to be feeded over to successive commands,

for example :

Code:
$ dtconf list-ls-data-sources -h hostname -P 636 -w ~/pwd.txt
DATA MASTER 1
DATA MASTER 2
DATA CONSUMER 1
DATA CONSUMER 1
DATA CONSUMER 1

Based on above output, i would like to utilize values like "DATA MASTER 1", "DATA MASTER 2".... in successive commands.

Is it possible to do one single command?

Thanks. JPrince

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in logic using awk command

I have task to find out the min,max, average value of each service for example i searched for " StatementService " $awk '/VST.*StatementService:/{print $3,$4,$19,$22,$25}' performance.log > smp.log $cat smp.log amexgtv VST: : StatementService:1860 StatementService:getCardReference:0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with complex logic

I'm looking to write a script that will do a find of directories and delete them if they are older than x days but keep the last x # of folders even if they are older than x days. The usage is for a deployment location, so we want to keep the location clean but retain maybe the last 2 builds that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaureenT
5 Replies
GETPTYPE(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS						       GETPTYPE(3)

NAME
getptype - retrieve a ptype from a ptype_list ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" ptype_list *getptype(pthead,type) ptype_list *pthead; long type; PARAMETERS
pthead Pointer to a ptype list type Flag indicating the pointer owner DESCRIPTION
getptype looks for a ptype element in the list pointed to by pthead. RETURN VALUE
getptype returns a pointer to the ptype that match the type. Be careful, it is not the ptype->DATA that is returned. If no ptype has the given type, then NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" #include "mph.h" void get_corner(ptfig, name, x2, y2) phfig_list *ptfig; char *name; int *x2, *y2; { phins_list *i = getphins(ptfig, name); ptype_list *p = getptype(i->USER, (long)PLACEABOX); *x2 = (num_list *)(p->DATA)->DATA; *y2 = (num_list *)(p->DATA)->NEXT->DATA; } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), ptype(3), addptype(3), freeptype(3), delptype(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 GETPTYPE(3)