Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count mismatch in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count mismatch in UNIX Post 302814479 by kirankumar on Wednesday 29th of May 2013 01:39:53 PM
Old 05-29-2013
So, how we can read the no. of records in a file without wc -l. Could you please help me out.

thanks
kirankumar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to see the threads count of a process in hp unix?

hi,all: how to see the threads count of a process in hp unix? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugbugbug
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find String mismatch

Hi, I have a doubt when searching files for the existence of a particular key. I have a property file has data with key and value pair like below and i call it as property file.ini here are the contents in File: popertyfile.ini location.property=2 agent.method=begin newkey=23 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

about HP-UX error exa_parm mismatch?

Hi, anyone can give me the answer about Fatal: HP-UX error exa_parm mismatch? We are running HP-UX ver. 9.0.1 also running some OCP software along with Licensed dongle. Every three to four hour (some time it will last up to 24 hour) the OCP software shutdown unexpectedly (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monukwt
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files count mismatch when used with Tar with find

Hi I have used the below steps and found some discrepancies step 1 : find ./ -type f -mtime +7 -name "*.00*" | wc -l = 13519 ( total files ) ( the size of this files is appx : 10GB ) step 2: find ./ -type f -mtime +7 -name "*.00*" | xargs tar zcvf Archieve_7.tar.gz step... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character count in UNIX!

Hi, I am Beginner in writing shell scripting. I have tried to get the character count using wc command. But it is not giving the correct result. Could any one please tell me the reason? $ cat k.ksh Shell scripting The character count should be 15 but it is displaying as 16 when i use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikesh29
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in comparing two files in UNIX with a mismatch

Hi Everyone, I am comparing results of two environments using unix files. I am writing two different csv file using spool and merging both the files using paste command paste -d, file1.csv file2.csv > prod_uat_result.csv and then finding the difference and attaching the same in a mail... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mismatch in summing a column in UNIX

Hello, I am facing issue in summing up a column in unix.I am displaying a column sum up to 4 decimal places and below is the code snippet sed '1d' abc.csv | cut -d',' -f7 | awk '{s+=$1}END{ printf("%.4f\n",s)}' -170552450514.8603 example of data values in the column(not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output match and mismatch with count using specific fields

In the below awk I am trying output to one file those lines that match between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count in (). I am also trying to output those lines that are missing between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count of in () each. Both input files are tab-delimited, but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Syllable count mismatch

Hello, I have written a syllable splitter for Pseudo English and Indic. I have a large database with the following structure Syllables in Pseudo English delimited by |=Syllables in Devanagari delimited by | The tool produces syllables in both scripts. An example is given below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)