Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris SPARC boot error
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris SPARC boot error Post 302814439 by prash358 on Wednesday 29th of May 2013 12:20:34 PM
Old 05-29-2013
I am expecting it to from the root disk. If i boot from the CD will the data be lost?

Can i get the command for booting from cd? Btw root partition is mirrored, before doing fsck do i need to detach the mirrors?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Boot problem with SUN Sparc

Newbie question. I've been running OpenSolaris on an Intel box for some time with great success. I have just bought an old Sun Blade workstation with a corrupted version of Solaris 5 something on it. The plan was to install OpenSolaris on it. However beyond my skills, I see, as no Live CD (or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewtargett
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

5. Solaris

error at boot solaris 10

Hi all, i have problem when booting my sun fire V240 with solaris 10. the errors are follow: ################################################################ Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk File and args: SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_125100-10 64-bit Copyright... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faberarnold
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Service error on sparc server running solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following service error on one of the sparc servers running solaris 10 - Code : $ svcs -a | grep "maintenance" maintenance Nov_08 svc:/application/management/sma:default $ svcs -xv svc:/application/management/sma:default (net-snmp SNMP daemon) State: maintenance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
8 Replies

7. Solaris

I/O error on Solaris sparc machine

I am getting below error when trying to find for the files under /var/spool/ directory. unix@test1 >ls -la /var/spool /var/spool: I/O error Please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help Interrupting Sparc 5 Boot

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to interrupt the boot of my Sparc 5 via a serial terminal. I am sending breaks from the terminal (minicom) like crazy during startup yet the system is hell-bent on booting up UNIX like the reliable beast it always has been. I also inserted my Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MungoJerry
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SPARC T4-1 "ERROR: boot-read fail"

Either I try to boot from USB bootable drive or from a bootable dvdrom, I am receiving a message ERROR: boot-read fail {0} ok probe-scsi-all This command may hang the system if a Stop-A or halt command has been executed. Please type reset-all to reset the system before executing this... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
18 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)                                       systemd-fsck@.service                                      SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)