Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing filenames in an array in shell script Post 302813665 by Little on Tuesday 28th of May 2013 01:46:58 AM
Old 05-28-2013
Storing filenames in an array in shell script

hi,

i am writing a shell script in which i read a line in a variable.

Code:
FNAME="s1.txt s2.txt s3.txt s4.txt s5.txt"

i want to create a array and store single file names in a array..
so the array should contain

Code:
arr[0]="s1.txt"
arr[1]="s2.txt"
arr[2]="s3.txt"
arr[3]="s4.txt"
arr[4]="s5.txt"

how to do this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing pointer array in C

All .. I am having a pointer array . And trying to store the addess into that pointer array . please see below the problem i faced code: int cnt1; char *t_array; char *f_array; for(cnt1=0; cnt1<1000; cnt1++) { t_array =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list filenames with spaces in shell script

Hi, I want to list all the files matching in a directory directory given below Here one of the folder has a space in the path. /MAS02/RMS/WBDev/Krishna/Krishna Mohan/FMSplitByKeyAfterChanges1000075383.fileman.*.txt.out.1000075383.0 The following works from command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hikrishn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the values in text file using while loop in shell script

Hi Frdz while read line do name=`echo $line | cut -d' ' -f 1 ` password=`echo $line | cut -d`-` -f 2` name > logfile.txt password > logfile.txt done < list.txt When it is run, am getting last values in list.txt file only,it is not storing lall the list entry values. How can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing cutted filenames into variable

Hi, I'd like to write a script which works on various files file1.jpg, file2.jpg ..... These files are splitted and their names are something like file_.XXX. I'd like to merge them and convert them at some moment again in file.XXX also file1_1.jpg file1_2.jpg ... >file1.pdf file2_1.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not storing output in shell script

Hello, Following my learning of shell scripting.. I got stuck yet again. If I execute this command on terminal: $ sed "s/off/on/g" file > fileAUX I successfully change the text off to on from file to fileAUX. But the same command is not working inside a shell script. I tested and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
2 Replies

8. Programming

C; storing strings in an array

I am trying to get userinput from stdin and store the lines in an array. If i do this: using a char **list to store strings allocate memory to it #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { char *prog = argv; char **linelist; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the Linux command output to an array in perl script

Hi I am trying to store the output of a command into an array in perl script. I am able to store but the problem is i am unable to print the array line with one line space. i mean i inserted the \n in loop ...but not getting the result. I have written like this #!/usr/bin/perl @a =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with the shell script after storing the directory in a variable

FTP is connecting to the server but i am getting an error - Enter if the env is dev or test or prod: test Please enter the id no : xxxxxxx Connected to xxxx 220 (vsFTPd 2.2.2) 331 Please specify the password. 230 Login successful. ?Invalid command ?Invalid command ?Invalid command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
3 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)