Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Opening a browser
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Opening a browser Post 302813295 by Lakesh on Monday 27th of May 2013 02:57:45 AM
Old 05-27-2013
what i understood from that is it trys to transfer the given data to speicified url.But all i want is to redirect from my unix terminal to a browser.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening Files

I'm a new to UNIX/LINUX. I just put cygwin on my laptop and I can navigate around the directories, but I can't open files (.doc, .ppt, .html or .exe). Is there an explicit command to do this? I know that in Solaris when it does not recognize the file, it brings up the list of available viewing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening files

I am very new to unix. I want to open a file and read one line in at a time. Can anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarshad001
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening a file

im trying to open a file in my bin directory and the farthest i can get is into the folder but not the actual file itself i use text edit as the editor. when i try to open the file it says it doesn't exist here is what i type cd bin open cmnds (dir. which it is under) open test no such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiei
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opening CDE

I have installed JASS on one of my sun servers. I am now trying to open for CDE. For that I have done these steps: mv /etc/rc2.d/_S71rpc.JASS.* /etc/rc2.d/S71rpc mv /etc/rc2.d/_S99dtlogin.JASS* /etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin but still no CDE. Any advice on this?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Please help with opening a port??

Hello all, I need assistance... I need to open a port # 36677 and have it remain open even after a power cycle. I thought all I needed to do was add it to /etc/services. That was not it... Can someone please tell me how to do this. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with opening webpage with IP#

Hi, I would like to open a webpage from an IP# from a file. Lets say I findout an IP address from using grep grep John remotecomputers.txt result: 192.168.2.1 Then after that I would like to increment the IP# to 192.168.2.2 from 192.168.2.1 After that I woud like to launch mozilla or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who are all opening my datasets,?

Hi, I need a command/script, who opened my dataset, consider a situation like, if a user has opened the dataset few days back then, that command/script should list his/her id. I don't want audit on my dataset, i need only list of users who are using my dataset. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbarao12
10 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)