Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Service script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Service script Post 302811097 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 23rd of May 2013 04:01:47 AM
Old 05-23-2013
Make sure what?
All 3 services are on/off? Any of these services are on/off?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a script to find another script via lookup service

Hi, I'm trying to write a basic script which will measure throughput at a node on a network, and pass the results on to a manager script (running on another node on the same network). I presume that I need to use some sort of naming service, so that the manager can publish its location. From what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeppelin147
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Script to Start as a Service

Hi, I have a shell script t1.sh. on my solaris box. So, what are the steps required to make this script run as a Service, when the system re-starts. (for ex:- at run level 3). I know that I should use the rc.d folders. But I don't know the exact steps. Kindly explain, Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for monitoring service

Hi, I am new to shell programming, I would like to write a script which will monitor sendmail service in linux, and if service goes down it will send the mail can you please suggest me how to monitor the service? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for service

Hi, I want to add an application as a service in Linux(Fedora 12). It should be run always for monitoring my system. It never terminate unless kill it. I wrote this script, put it on /etc/init.d/myapp and added it to run level 2345: #!/bin/bash # # chkconfig: 2345 20 80 # description:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pronetin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to automate a service message

Hi I am trying to figure out, on how to automate whether in a simple script or using awk/sed/grep commands to automate a "service.message" file which has tag separated message stating as; "There is currently no outage or system is unavailable for duration of change....", therefore, when... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gamma
14 Replies
SERVICES(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       SERVICES(5)

NAME
services -- service name data base DESCRIPTION
The services file contains information regarding the known services available in the DARPA Internet. For each service a single line should be present with the following information: official service name port number protocol name aliases Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. The port number and protocol name are considered a single item; a slash (``/'') is used to separate the port and protocol (e.g. ``512/tcp''). A hash (``#'') indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent char- acters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Service names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, newline, or comment character. The database in /var/db/services.db needs to be updated with services_mkdb(8) after changes to the services file have been applied. FILES
/etc/services The services file resides in /etc. SEE ALSO
getservent(3), services_mkdb(8) HISTORY
The services file format appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
A name server should be used instead of a static file. BSD
June 19, 2007 BSD