Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move os from 1 disk to the other Post 302810895 by bakunin on Wednesday 22nd of May 2013 04:47:39 PM
Old 05-22-2013
alister is correct: if this system is of any value you shouldn't attempt to solve the problem but get some professional help for that.

Having said this: which system do you have (OS?, hardware?) and how is it configured (LVM used?, etc.)

Without this information your question is like asking for the solution of the math problem in front of you without telling us what the problem is. We simply can't tell.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Move a disk to Sol. 2.6

I removed an external Sun disk (with data on it) from an old 2.6 system and added the disk to another 2.6 system. The new system seems to recognize the system (verified by the format command). When try to mount I am getting, I got the error: mount: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6 is not this fstype. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshine
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Move hard disk to another SCSI host

I was using an external SCSI disk on a Sun Ultra60 (Solaris 7) as the boot device. It was labelled c1t0d0. I then moved it into the internal removable mounts and it should become c0t0d0, but it apparently didn't change properly. When the machine boots, it gets host information from the disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Move root disk to new server

Hi, I need to do an installation where I have identical hardware at both sites and create the installation at one site and take the disk to the other site. Question: Do I need to do anything special for the OS to come up properly? thanks. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: VirginiaSA
18 Replies

4. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Move partition to new disk

Hi, The disks of my servers are getting full and I need to move the /export/home partition on to a new set of disks. I already have 2 mirrored disks and have added 2 more and mirrored them after creating the filesystem on them. Do I just need to edit the /etc/vfstab and point the /export/home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS rpool physical disk move

I'd like to finish setting up this system and then move the secondary or primary disk to another system that is the exact same hardware. I've done things like this in the past with ufs and disk suite mirroring just fine. But I have yet to do it with a zfs root pool mirror. Are there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Metasin
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

8. Linux

Move OS to storage disk

Hi We have RHEL 7.3 running from local disk and we want to move it to storage. I am unable to find any proper procedure to do this activity. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Move root disk to new identical hardware

We have in a couple of occasions moved root disk & flashcard in netra 240 to new identical hardware instead of replacing mb in dead server. Flashcard is to preserve mac adresses and mainly hostid for license stuff. Works without doing anything other than poweron & boot. Now we have a similar... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockhes
5 Replies
DCCPCLO(1)							  BP executables							DCCPCLO(1)

NAME
dccpclo - DCCP-based BP convergence layer output task SYNOPSIS
dccpclo remote_hostname[:remote_port_nbr] DESCRIPTION
dccpclo is a background "daemon" task that connects to a remote node's DCCP socket at remote_hostname and remote_port_nbr. It then begins extracting bundles from the queues of bundles ready for transmission via DCCP to this remote bundle protocol agent and transmitting those bundles as DCCP datagrams to the remote host. If not specified, remote_port_nbr defaults to 4556. Note that dccpclo is not a "promiscuous" convergence layer daemon: it can transmit bundles only to the node to which it is connected, so scheme configuration directives that cite this outduct need only provide the protocol name and the outduct name as specified on the command line when dccpclo is started. Note also that dccpclo has no fragmentation support at all. Therefore, the largest bundle that can be sent via this convergence layer is limited to just under the link's MTU (typically 1500 bytes). dccpclo is spawned automatically by bpadmin in response to the 's' (START) command that starts operation of the Bundle Protocol, and it is terminated by bpadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. dccpclo can also be spawned and terminated in response to START and STOP commands that pertain specifically to the DCCP convergence layer protocol. EXIT STATUS
0 dccpclo terminated normally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use bpadmin to restart dccpclo. 1 dccpclo terminated abnormally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. Investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file, then use bpadmin to restart dccpclo. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file: dccpclo can't attach to BP. bpadmin has not yet initialized Bundle Protocol operations. No memory for DCCP buffer in dccpclo. ION system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart dccpclo. No such dccp duct. No DCCP outduct matching local_hostname and local_port_nbr has been added to the BP database. Use bpadmin to stop the DCCP convergence-layer protocol, add the outduct, and then restart dccpclo. CLO task is already started for this duct. Redundant initiation of dccpclo. dccpclo can't get IP address for host. Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart dccpclo. dccpclo can't create thread. Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart dccpclo. CLO can't open DCCP socket. This probably means DCCP is not supported on your system. Operating system error. This probably means that you are not using an operating system that supports DCCP. Make sure that you are using a current Linux kernel and that the DCCP modules are being compiled. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart dccpclo. CLO can't initialize socket. Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart dccpclo. CLO send() error on socket. Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart dccpclo. Bundle is too big for DCCP CLO. Configuration error: bundles that are too large for DCCP transmission (i.e., larger than the MTU of the link or 65535 bytes--whichever is smaller) are being enqueued for dccpclo. Change routing or use smaller bundles. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
bpadmin(1), bprc(5), dccpcli(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 DCCPCLO(1)