Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort data by date first and then remove duplicates Post 302810239 by samrat dutta on Tuesday 21st of May 2013 12:27:53 PM
Old 05-21-2013
Sort data by date first and then remove duplicates

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
Can you provide a breakup of the last date and time field...
Hi Shamrock,
The time is distributed as :

2013-05-14T00:52:31.662-04:00 indicates YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.[miliseconds]-[GMT-4].

For me YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss is ok if it can be sorted

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sort data by date.. pls help

hi all, could anyone help me? I need to query output by compare dates from 2 table and i'm using a UNION query..and wanted to sort the output by date.. My query like this: SELECT TO_CHAR(DATE) DATE1, INVOICE FROM ACCOUNT1 WHERE DATE < (to_date('122003','MMYYYY')) UNION ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kate katherine
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicates and sort

Hi, I'm using the below command to sort and remove duplicates in a file. But, i need to make this applied to the same file instead of directing it to another. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly check:remove duplicates with similar data in front of it

Hi all, I have 2 files containing data like this: so if there is same entry repeated in the column like1,2,3,4 I have to check if there is different entries column like 2,4 but similar entries for duplicatein column 2 like1,3 the output shuld be like this for first file ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicates on multiple Key Columns and get the Latest Record from Date/Time Column

Hi Experts , we have a CDC file where we need to get the latest record of the Key columns Key Columns will be CDC_FLAG and SRC_PMTN_I and fetch the latest record from the CDC_PRCS_TS Can we do it with a single awk command. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykodukula
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort data by date and then search by column

Hi, I have a file where data is pipe separated.First i want to sort the file content by date . Then i want to pick up the records based on the first column which should be unique and not have duplicates. NYSE|yyyrrrddd|toronto|isin|ticker|2013-05-15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - remove duplicates without sort

I need to use bash to remove duplicates without using sort first. I can not use: cat file | sort | uniq But when I use only cat file | uniq some duplicates are not removed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed --> sort data by date

Hi, i "tried" to sort data by date. So far, i used sed to take the data from the last and the actual month. Now, after changing the year it is not working properly. i use: GNU bash, version 4.2.45(1)-release (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu) sed -n '/\//p' $Home/../scripte/pd_0.txt y is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove duplicates

Here is my task : I need to sort two input files and remove duplicates in the output files : Sort by 13 characters from 97 Ascending Sort by 1 characters from 96 Ascending If duplicates are found retain the first value in the file the input files are variable length, convert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort and remove duplicates in directory based on first 5 columns:

I have /tmp dir with filename as: 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212101.marker 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212102.marker 010020001-S-XOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212104.marker 010020001-S-XOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212105.marker 010020001_S-ZOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212106.marker... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate and sort to remove duplicates

Following is the input. 1st and 3rd block are same(block starts here with '*' and ends before blank line) , 2nd and 4th blocks are also the same: cat <file> * Wed Feb 24 2016 Tariq Saeed <tariq.x.saeed@mail.com> 2.0.7-1.0.7 - add vmcore dump support for ocfs2 * Mon Jun 8 2015 Brian Maly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
4 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)