Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Word boundary with awk in ksh Post 302809867 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 21st of May 2013 12:33:23 AM
Old 05-21-2013
No. I do not understand.

What does:
Code:
ip1 -> 10.145.234.176.45645-> SS.SSS.SSS.SSS.45645
ip2-> 125.15.234.9.3456->SSS.SS.SSS.S.3456

mean?

The string:
Code:
125.29.234.18.23456->SSS.SS.SSS.SS.SSSSS

is not an IP address. It might be two IP addresses separated by "->" although I have never seen IP addresses that contained letters instead of digits.

Show us you input (using CODE tags) and state what it is. (I.e., Is it stored in a shell variable? Is it a line in an input file? Is it something else?)

Then show us the output you are trying to produce using CODE tags. Make positive statements like: I want to change x to y. Stating a negative (I don't want to replace the last number.) doesn't really help if we don't know what you do want to do.

It may also help if you tell us what shell and OS you're using.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Aligning for boundary conditions

Hi, I have tcp/ip client server programs which will communicate through reqest,reply c-structures. As the sizeof(struct) may give different value between client and server programs, how do i align properly for boundary conditions. Could anybody please give some suggestion. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Partition 0 not aligned on cylinder boundary: "

hi Guys .. user want mirror disk c3t9d0 (running ) to c2t9d0 (fresh hdd). when i tried to bash : prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c3t9d0s2 | fmthard -s- /dev/rdsk/c2t9d0s2 it showing following error Partition 0 not aligned on cylinder boundary: " 0 4 222 ..... unable to mirror .... plz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I count how many times a specific word appear in a file (ksh)?

Hi Please can you help how do I count the number of specific characters or words that appear in a file? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Warning: extended partition does not start at a cylinder boundary.

Can you please help me to remove this error. Disk /dev/sda: 64.4 GB, 64424509440 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7832 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes Disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spooling data from the database in .csv file with boundary

Hi Guys, Another questions to the genius over here. I have spool the dataf from the database into a .csv file. But can it be possible to have all the rows and column with the boundaries..for example the .csv file which i have is as below: 20140327 BU 9A 3 20140327 SPACE 9A 3 20140327... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with defining a consition within a circular boundary

Hi Help, I am trying to create something like --- Suppose, I have grid origin at X=600000.0 & Y=90000.0. For any values of X, Y values lying within a circular periphery defined by circle of radius R=500m;X=599500.0 & 600500.0 ;Y=90500.0 & 89500.0should have a default=0or else it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3pm)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::Sort - Server Side Sort (SSS) control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Control::Sort; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw(LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT); $sort = Net::LDAP::Control::Sort->new( order => "cn -phone" ); $mesg = $ldap->search( @args, control => [ $sort ]); ($resp) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT ); print "Results are sorted " if $resp and !$resp->result; DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::Sort" is a sub-class of Net::LDAP::Control. It provides a class for manipulating the LDAP Server Side Sort (SSS) request control 1.2.840.113556.1.4.473 as defined in RFC-2891 If the server supports sorting, then the response from a search operation will include a sort result control. This control is handled by Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
order A string which defines how entries may be sorted. It consists of multiple directives, spearated by whitespace. Each directive describes how to sort entries using a single attribute. If two entries have identical attributes, then the next directive in the list is used. Each directive specifies a sorting order as follows -attributeType:orderingRule The leading "-" is optional, and if present indicates that the sorting order should be reversed. "attributeType" is the attribute name to sort by. "orderingRule" is optional and indicates the rule to use for the sort and should be valid for the given "attributeType". Any one attributeType should only appear once in the sorting list. Examples "cn" sort by cn using the default ordering rule for the cn attribute "-cn" sort by cn using the reverse of the default ordering rule "age cn" sort by age first, then by cn using the default ordering rules "cn:1.2.3.4" sort by cn using the ordering rule defined as 1.2.3.4 METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2891.txt AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-29 Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3pm)