Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Service script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Service script Post 302809829 by gsiva on Monday 20th of May 2013 11:03:03 PM
Old 05-21-2013
Thanks Madein. Your script works perfectly. also one more thing.
Code:
chkconfig --list | grep -i telnet
    ekrb5-telnet:      off
    krb5-telnet:       off
    telnet:            off

How can I make sure like the previous script.

Last edited by Scott; 05-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: Code tags

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a script to find another script via lookup service

Hi, I'm trying to write a basic script which will measure throughput at a node on a network, and pass the results on to a manager script (running on another node on the same network). I presume that I need to use some sort of naming service, so that the manager can publish its location. From what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeppelin147
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Script to Start as a Service

Hi, I have a shell script t1.sh. on my solaris box. So, what are the steps required to make this script run as a Service, when the system re-starts. (for ex:- at run level 3). I know that I should use the rc.d folders. But I don't know the exact steps. Kindly explain, Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for monitoring service

Hi, I am new to shell programming, I would like to write a script which will monitor sendmail service in linux, and if service goes down it will send the mail can you please suggest me how to monitor the service? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for service

Hi, I want to add an application as a service in Linux(Fedora 12). It should be run always for monitoring my system. It never terminate unless kill it. I wrote this script, put it on /etc/init.d/myapp and added it to run level 2345: #!/bin/bash # # chkconfig: 2345 20 80 # description:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pronetin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to automate a service message

Hi I am trying to figure out, on how to automate whether in a simple script or using awk/sed/grep commands to automate a "service.message" file which has tag separated message stating as; "There is currently no outage or system is unavailable for duration of change....", therefore, when... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gamma
14 Replies
telnetrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc, .telnetrc - Specifies setup commands for a telnet session SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.telnetrc DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains the setup information for a telnet session. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be readable by the user logging in. The file can consist of multiple entries for each remote host to which a user can connect. A remote host entry consists of multiple lines. The first line is the name of a remote host. The subsequent lines must begin with blank spaces, and contain telnet subcommands. These sub- commands are processed as though they were typed in manually. Lines beginning with a number sign (#) are comment lines. See telnet(1) for a complete list of telnet subcommands. To specify subcommands that apply to all systems, create an entry, using the word "DEFAULT" as the system name, and specify the telnet sub- commands in the subsequent lines. EXAMPLES
The following shows a sample .telnetrc file: # Beginning of telnetrc file # Default subcommands that apply to all systems DEFAULT environ undefine USER # First system entry system1 set echo toggle crlf # Second system entry system2 set echo mode line toggle crlf FILES
User-customized telnet startup values. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). delim off telnetrc(4)