Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processing a file list via named pipe Post 302809093 by drl on Saturday 18th of May 2013 08:02:27 AM
Old 05-18-2013
Hi.

Perhaps consider xargs, probably already available on your system, or GNU Parallel - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IPC using named pipe

Hi All, I am facing a vague issue while trying to make two process talk to each other using named pipe. read process ========= The process which reads, basically creates FIFO using mkfifo - ret_val = mkfifo(HALF_DUPLEX, 0666);) func. It then opens the pipe using open func - fd =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
1 Replies

2. Programming

IPC using named pipe

Hi All, I am facing a vague issue while trying to make two process talk to each other using named pipe. read process ========= The process which reads, basically creates FIFO using mkfifo - ret_val = mkfifo(HALF_DUPLEX, 0666) func. It then opens the pipe using open func - fd = open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named PIPE

Gurus, I've a File Transaction Server, which communicates with other servers and performs some processing.It uses many Named PIPE's. By mistake i copied a named PIPE into a text file. I heard that PIPE files shouldn't be copied.Isn't it? Since it's a production box, i'm afraid on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tamil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipe contents to a file

I want to copy the contents of a named pipe to a file. I have tried using: cat pipe.p >> transcript.log but I have been unsuccessful, any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering mail into a named pipe

Hello, On my machine, all mail is stored in my /var/spool/mail. IS there a way to direct all mail that goes there into a namep pipe? Thank you, Dado (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dadoprso
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Named pipe in shell script

Hi, I want to use a Named pipe to get input from a growing file for further processing. When I prototype this scenario using a while loop, the data is not written to the named pipe. This the script I use to get data into the Named pipe: #!/bin/ksh mkfifo pipe while (( n <= 10 )) do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Named pipe performance

Hi, I am getting data into a Named pipe. Does Named pipe have any size restriction; I know it does not have any storage and it just passes on the data to the next process. I want to know, if there will be a difference in the Named pipe performance if the data input is more. (I am using DB2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named pipe hanging?

Ok, I can't seem to figure this out or find anything on the web about this. I'm on Sun Solaris, UNIX. I have the following test script: #!/bin/ksh touch test.file LOG=./tmp.log rm -f ${LOG} PIPE=./tmp.pipe mkfifo ${PIPE} trap "rm -f ${PIPE}" EXIT tee -a ${LOG} < ${PIPE} & ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ditto
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test named pipe file?

Hi ALL, How can I test a given file name exists and if it is a named pipe file in shell script ? Thanks............ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycode.in
2 Replies
gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_import_url(3)				      gnutls				       gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_import_url(3)

NAME
gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_import_url - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/pkcs11.h> int gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_import_url(gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_t pkey, const char * url, unsigned int flags); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_t pkey The structure to store the parsed key const char * url a PKCS 11 url identifying the key unsigned int flags sequence of GNUTLS_PKCS_PRIVKEY_* DESCRIPTION
This function will "import" a PKCS 11 URL identifying a private key to the gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_t structure. In reality since in most cases keys cannot be exported, the private key structure is being associated with the available operations on the token. RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_pkcs11_privkey_import_url(3)