Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for config file in home directory first?? Post 302808119 by Little on Thursday 16th of May 2013 01:50:24 AM
Old 05-16-2013
but , is it like 1st it will try to search for the file in home directory and if it is not found then it will search in /var/www/ directory?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a file withoug leaving home directory!!

hello there ! I am in my current working directory, and i want search a file in "dev" directory which is under root(/), but i donot want leave my current working directory. is it possible to find file like that ? let us say i am in /home/bin/user/malik/abid directory and i want find a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the latest modified file name in /home directory?

I only know how to list all sub-directories or files in specified directory. I don't know how to order them by modified date, furthermore, I don't know how to get the top one file in the sorted list. Wish you can do me a favor. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename all file with blank in directory from home root , please help me

hi , :wall: I've in directory home user 3 file with blank space in name file, I would like erase the all character that no have alphanum more dot in namefile from home root , below the script. If I execute the shell script from directory where stay it's execute well done.But I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giankan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run this .java file from the home directory??

I wrote a simple test.java program in vi. I know it compiles correctly because I went into the directory where test.java was and compiled it and it created a java.class. I then ran test.java by staying in the same directory where it was and it worked great. However, when i backed out of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicated file names with home directory symbol appearing in ls .

Why are there duplicated file names listed when I execute ls ? Result of my ls /root/Desktop : aaa ca new file~ what what~ Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
4 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
CONFLICT(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							       CONFLICT(8)

NAME
conflict - search for alias/password conflicts SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/conflict [-search directory] [-mail name] [-version] [-help] [aliasfiles ...] DESCRIPTION
Conflict is a program that checks to see if the interface between nmh and the transport system is in good shape Conflict also checks for maildrops in /var/mail which do not belong to a valid user. It assumes that no user name will start with `.', and thus ignores files in /var/mail which begin with `.'. It also checks for entries in the group(5) file which do not belong to a valid user, and for users who do not have a valid group number. In addition duplicate users and groups are noted. If the -mail name switch is used, then the results will be sent to the specified name. Otherwise, the results are sent to the standard output. The -search directory switch can be used to search directories other than /var/mail and to report anomalies in those directories. The -search directory switch can appear more than one time in an invocation to conflict. Conflict should be run under cron(8), or whenever system accounting takes place. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file /etc/passwd List of users /etc/group List of groups /usr/bin/mh/mhmail Program to send mail /var/mail/ Directory of mail drop PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5) DEFAULTS
`aliasfiles' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases CONTEXT
None MH.6.8 11 June 2012 CONFLICT(8)