Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon Post 302807997 by MDeBiasse on Wednesday 15th of May 2013 07:28:55 PM
Old 05-15-2013
Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this:

((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004))

and I would like this:

((A9,(A11,A13))

How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed?

Thank you in advance!

---------- Post updated at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:23 PM ----------

Whoops, I meant to type COLON

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract semicolon separated delimiter

The log reads as follows. fname1;lname1;eid1;addr;pincode1; fname2;lname2;eid2;addr2;pincode2; fname3;lname3;eid3;addr3;pincode3; fname4;lname4;eid;addr4;pincode4; how do i extract only fname and save it in an array similarly for lname and so on i tried reading a file and cutting each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget with semicolon in page name

So, I'd like to wget a webpage, as its not going to stick around forever - but the problem is the webpage has a semicolon in it. wget http://example.com/stuff/asdf;asdf obviously doesn't get the right webpage. Any good way around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julolidine
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string after n semicolon every line

I have a file that is formatted in this way. a1;b2;c33;d4;e5;e;f;f;f;s d;ds;d;a;v;b;g;gr;r;rt;fdf s1;s2;s2;s3;s4; b1;f2;g3;h4;a3c4e;xcsd;fds; sd2;fs4;fs2;sdf3; I want to replace the value just before the 4th semicolon to empty string, regardless the value, such that it looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines after semicolon

char str; char str ; char *ptr; char * ptr; int CASE; int CASE; double temp; double temp; Output should be: char str; char *ptr; int CASE; double temp; How can i do this with awk,sed,perl? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to put semicolon

Hi guys, I want to write script so that i can put semicolon after every numeric e.g input would be like that 50060E80058F49A4 Output should be 50:06:0E:80:05:8F:49:A4 Please help Thanks & Regards Nirjhar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dot with semicolon in PERL

Hi, I have a file in PERL in the following pattern filename| 06-Dec-11 03.04.14.000000 PM filename1| 06-Dec-11 05.05.14.000000 PM I need to replace .(dot) with :(semicolon) in the timestamp value of the file How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding semicolon at the end of each line

Hi, I have a script which I need to change. I want to add a semicolon at the end of each line where the line starts with "grant" for e.g. create table(.... ); grant select on TABL1 to USER1 grant select on TABL1 to USER2should become create table(.... ); grant select on TABL1 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to have semicolon at the end of every line?

Hi, I wanted to create an automated script that will output a create table statement in unix. Below is the input and the desired output: INPUT: desc ZZ_APL_TIDDATELIST ( TID NUMBER AEX_DATE TIMESTAMP(6) ) desc ZZ_APL_TIDLIST ( TID NUMBER ) desc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use substr to extract character between two semicolon?

Dear folks Hello I have a data set which one of the column of this data set are string and I want to extract numbers which is between two ":". However, I know the substr command which will do this operation but my problem is the numbers between two ":" have different digits. this will make my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-SIZE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-SIZE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-size - Show the Size of an ECaccess File SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-size -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-size [-debug] [-human] ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow showing the size of ecaccess-file (-1 for a directory). The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
ecaccess-file Then name of the ECaccess File to get the size. OPTIONS
-human Print size in human readable format (e.g. 234M). -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-size bin/a.out Display the Size of the a.out File in the $HOME/bin directory of the authenticated user. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-chmod and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-SIZE(1p)