Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to change user role using SELinux Post 302807467 by kernel11 on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 05:54:29 PM
Old 05-14-2013
can you completely logged out & log back in.
this should work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to change user password from nis client

I trying to change the user1 passwd from NIS client i.e #passwd -r nis user1 Enter user1's password; Can I change the password without having to enter user password? Mnay Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable To Change a User's Password

I am trying to change a user's Password, but I get the error "Password Cannot be changed; see account Administrator". Yet I am logged in as root. I also cannot access the Accounts Manager facility when SCO when using System Administration screen Error "Unable to get initial list of users" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Waitstejo
2 Replies

3. AIX

role based user

Hi .. I need to assign role based permission to users... How to assign role based permission in aix... Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change password for a user.

I am getting the following error message "passwd: User unknown: username" Permission denied error message when trying to change the password for that given user account. The user account is within the /etc/passwd file and I can also su to the account without any problems. This is sever is not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckmanb
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to change domain user passwords

Hi, I'm new to this site, so my apologies if this is posted to the wrong board. I'm the student administrator of a small computer science lab (20 Win 7 PCs) at a university. The logins to the PCs are handled by samba (v. 3.5.8) on a CentOS server (kernel v. 2.6.9-100.ELsmp). Recently I ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerona
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7

I worked all night on creating an RHEL 7 template customized for our private cloud and almost had it ready. While doing the final part, enabling GDM, I made the blunder of disabling SELINUX. Now I am not able to re-enable or put into permissive mode again. Earlier, when this happened on RHEL 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to change password using root user

Hi, I tired changing password for mqm user in linux server with root user. But still I couldn't able to login mqm user with changed password. Can anyone please help on this. # passwd mqm Thanks, Anusha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can a root role change the root password in Solaris 10?

i do not have root on a solairs 10 server , however i do have the root role, i was wondering if I can change the root password as a a role with the passwd command? I have not tried yet. and do i have to use the # chgkey -p afterwards? i need to patch is why i am asking. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
IPL(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    IPL(4)

NAME
ipl - IP packet log device DESCRIPTION
The ipl pseudo device's purpose is to provide an easy way to gather packet headers of packets you wish to log. If a packet header is to be logged, the entire header is logged (including any IP options - TCP/UDP options are not included when it calculates header size) or not at all. The packet contents is also logged after the header. Prepending every packet header logged is a structure containing information relevant to the packet following and why it was logged. The structure's format is as follows: struct ipl_ci { u_long sec; /* time when the packet was logged */ u_long usec; u_long plen; /* length of packet data logged */ u_short hlen; /* length of headers logged */ u_short rule; /* rule number (for log ...) or 0 if result = log */ u_long flags:24; /* XXX FIXME do we care about the extra bytes? */ #if (defined(OpenBSD) && (OpenBSD <= 1991011) && (OpenBSD >= 199606)) u_long filler:8; /* XXX FIXME do we care? */ u_char ifname[IFNAMSIZ]; #else u_long unit:8; u_char ifname[4]; #endif }; In the case of the header causing the buffer to finish on a non-32bit boundary, padding will be `appended' to ensure that the next log entry is aligned to a 32bit boundary. If the packet contents is more then 128 bytes, then only 128 bytes of the packet contents is logged. Should the packet contents finish on a non-32bit boundary, then the last few bytes are not logged to ensure the log entry is aligned to a 32bit boundary. ipl is a read-only (sequential) character pseudo-device. The ioctls which are loaded with this device can be found under ipf(4). The only ioctl which is used for logging and doesn't affect the filter is: ioctl(fd, SIOCIPFFB, int *) This ioctl flushes the log buffer and returns the number of bytes flushed. There is currently no support for non-blocking IO with this device, meaning all read operations should be considered blocking in nature (if there is no data to read, it will sleep until some is made available). SEE ALSO
ipf(4) BUGS
Packet headers are dropped when the internal buffer (static size) fills. FILES
/dev/ipl0 IPL(4)