Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to change user role using SELinux Post 302807467 by kernel11 on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 05:54:29 PM
Old 05-14-2013
can you completely logged out & log back in.
this should work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to change user password from nis client

I trying to change the user1 passwd from NIS client i.e #passwd -r nis user1 Enter user1's password; Can I change the password without having to enter user password? Mnay Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable To Change a User's Password

I am trying to change a user's Password, but I get the error "Password Cannot be changed; see account Administrator". Yet I am logged in as root. I also cannot access the Accounts Manager facility when SCO when using System Administration screen Error "Unable to get initial list of users" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Waitstejo
2 Replies

3. AIX

role based user

Hi .. I need to assign role based permission to users... How to assign role based permission in aix... Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change password for a user.

I am getting the following error message "passwd: User unknown: username" Permission denied error message when trying to change the password for that given user account. The user account is within the /etc/passwd file and I can also su to the account without any problems. This is sever is not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckmanb
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to change domain user passwords

Hi, I'm new to this site, so my apologies if this is posted to the wrong board. I'm the student administrator of a small computer science lab (20 Win 7 PCs) at a university. The logins to the PCs are handled by samba (v. 3.5.8) on a CentOS server (kernel v. 2.6.9-100.ELsmp). Recently I ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerona
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7

I worked all night on creating an RHEL 7 template customized for our private cloud and almost had it ready. While doing the final part, enabling GDM, I made the blunder of disabling SELINUX. Now I am not able to re-enable or put into permissive mode again. Earlier, when this happened on RHEL 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to change password using root user

Hi, I tired changing password for mqm user in linux server with root user. But still I couldn't able to login mqm user with changed password. Can anyone please help on this. # passwd mqm Thanks, Anusha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can a root role change the root password in Solaris 10?

i do not have root on a solairs 10 server , however i do have the root role, i was wondering if I can change the root password as a a role with the passwd command? I have not tried yet. and do i have to use the # chgkey -p afterwards? i need to patch is why i am asking. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
LAST,LASTB(1)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     LAST,LASTB(1)

NAME
last, lastb - show listing of last logged in users SYNOPSIS
last [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [-adiox] [ -f file ] [ -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS ] [name...] [tty...] lastb [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [ -f file ] [ -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS ] [-adiox] [name...] [tty...] DESCRIPTION
Last searches back through the file /var/log/wtmp (or the file designated by the -f flag) and displays a list of all users logged in (and out) since that file was created. Names of users and tty's can be given, in which case last will show only those entries matching the arguments. Names of ttys can be abbreviated, thus last 0 is the same as last tty0. When last catches a SIGINT signal (generated by the interrupt key, usually control-C) or a SIGQUIT signal (generated by the quit key, usu- ally control-), last will show how far it has searched through the file; in the case of the SIGINT signal last will then terminate. The pseudo user reboot logs in each time the system is rebooted. Thus last reboot will show a log of all reboots since the log file was created. Lastb is the same as last, except that by default it shows a log of the file /var/log/btmp, which contains all the bad login attempts. OPTIONS
-num This is a count telling last how many lines to show. -n num The same. -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS Display the state of logins as of the specified time. This is useful, e.g., to determine easily who was logged in at a particular time -- specify that time with -t and look for "still logged in". -R Suppresses the display of the hostname field. -a Display the hostname in the last column. Useful in combination with the next flag. -d For non-local logins, Linux stores not only the host name of the remote host but its IP number as well. This option translates the IP number back into a hostname. -i This option is like -d in that it displays the IP number of the remote host, but it displays the IP number in numbers-and-dots nota- tion. -o Read an old-type wtmp file (written by linux-libc5 applications). -x Display the system shutdown entries and run level changes. NOTES
The files wtmp and btmp might not be found. The system only logs information in these files if they are present. This is a local configura- tion issue. If you want the files to be used, they can be created with a simple touch(1) command (for example, touch /var/log/wtmp). FILES
/var/log/wtmp /var/log/btmp AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), login(1), init(8) Jul 29, 1999 LAST,LASTB(1)