Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Determine the exist status
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determine the exist status Post 302807347 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 02:36:51 PM
Old 05-14-2013
Do the following exercise
Code:
[ -f /does/not/exist ]
echo $?
echo $?

The second echo returns the exit status of the first echo.
BTW always quote variables in command arguments!
[ -f "$path/file1" ] or [ -f "$path"/file1 ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couldn't open status file /var/samba/STATUS.LCK

I believe i have most of samba configured right but i get this error each time time try to run it. I was given suggestion that i touch the file, i did, but i still cannot rid myself of this error. Any suggestions (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I determine # of processors ...

I have a console server that runs some form of UNIX/Linux, but I get a bash shell, and I want to determine how many processor (what speed) and them amount of RAM in the system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the status and send an email with status

Hi, We have a text file which has the following data. ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~VISTN ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051227~183 7~U~00200~000011258~0~P~< GS~FA~EE05J~U1CAD~051227~1831~000011258~X~002002 ST~997~0001 AK1~SH~247 AK2~856~2470001 AK5~A AK2~856~2470002 AK5~A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

5. Programming

Can C determine which OS it's being compiled on?

Hello all! I've searched the archives, google, documentation and I can't seem to find any answer regarding my question. Our code has to be lint free and due to the following lint warning ---> logical expression always true: op "||" <--- we are forced to #include <note.h > (which appears to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quattro20v
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

302 server status code to 301/404 server status code

Hello, Sorry for my english. I have an arcade site. mydomain.com/game.html If database has the game name is good. mydomain.com/fd43f54.html if database has not the game name redirect to mydomain.com by 302 error code. if database has not the game name i want a 301/404 error code and no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the exist status of the cd command

Hi, As in scripting , some cd commands getting failed, so we do check the exist status as 0 or 1. But every time we call to function for it. But does any single line exist will do the job with || , && ? i.e ls -l Logs cd Logss | exit echo hias Logss is not exist , Before printing "hi" we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Propagate exist status from a child shell script to a parent.

Hi All, I have a parent shell script A and a child shell script B. 1). If a command i.e a mysqdump fails in shell script B fails then I trap the error with this code if ] then func_exit "Failed to export the cleaned DB1.${MYDBNAME} database to the ${MYARCHIVEDIR} directory"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)