Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Row blocks to column blocks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Row blocks to column blocks Post 302807345 by Jotne on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 02:31:03 PM
Old 05-14-2013
It will not be simple since the column are not equal size.
If its not to large, I would do cut and past in excel Smilie
Can I ask why you need this output?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence blocks

Hi, I have an one-line file consisting of a sequence of 660 letters. I would like to extract 9-letter blocks iteratively: ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPZXCVBNM first block: ASDFGHJKL 1nd block: SDFGHJKLQ What I have so far only gives me the first block, can anyone please explain why? cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solli
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read text in blocks

Hi, I have file which contains information written in blocks (every block is different). Is it possible to read every block one by one to another file (one block per file). The input is something like this <block1> <empty line> <block2> <empty line> ... ... ... <block25> <empty... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: art84_)LV
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blocks from a file

I have a file like the one below. Each record is separated with > In between I have lines consisting of 3 numeric values separated by a space. I need to take each block between the > sign and read the first number in the line. Then take the first after the > sign and the last before the >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script using Command Blocks

Hello, I am trying to create a shell script that use command block (donīt really know if this is the correct way to say it), but while one version works fine, the other one is not working at all. So let me show an example of this "command block" Iīm using and its working ok: cat << _EOF_ `echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexis Duarte
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate blocks in an inode

I have 2 duplicate blocks in an inode and I want to get rid of one of them so that I can get into my pc. The message I get is Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 5997500: 12690101 12690101. All help is appreciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nighttrain
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose info that is within blocks

Hello to all in forum, I have a big file with blocks of data. Each block begins with "BeginOfRecord".... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blocks into table

please help, I have a huge file with blocks of data which I need to convert to a tabular format. Input sample id: GO:0000017 name: alpha-glucoside transport namespace: biological_process def: "The directed movement of alpha-glucosides into, out of or within a cell, or between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
3 Replies
quot_hfs(1M)															      quot_hfs(1M)

NAME
quot_hfs: quot - summarize ownership on an HFS file system SYNOPSIS
filesystem ... DESCRIPTION
The command displays the number of 1024-byte blocks in the named HFS filesystem that are currently owned by each user. filesystem is either the name of the directory on which the file system is mounted or the name of the device containing the file system. Options recognizes the following options: Generate a report for all mounted HFS file systems. Report size rather than user statistics. Generates histogram statistics in 3-column format: Column 1: File size in blocks. Sizes are listed in ascending order up to 499 blocks per file. Files occupying 499 or more blocks are counted together on a single line as 499-block files (but column 3 is based on actual number of blocks occupied). Column 2: Number of files of size indicated in column 1. Column 3: Cumulative total blocks occupied by files counted in current plus all preceding lines. Use of this option overrides the and options. Display number of files and space occupied by each user. Specify the file system type Calculate the number of blocks in the file based on file size rather than actual blocks allocated. This option does not account for sparse files (files with holes in them). Accept data from the command (see ncheck(1M)) as input. Run the pipeline: to produce a list of all files and their owners. Report on users. This is the default action. Display three columns containing the number of blocks not accessed in the last 30, 60, and 90 days. Echo the completed command line, but perform no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. If the options specified are valid, the completed command line is echoed. If the options specified are not valid, an error message is printed. AUTHOR
a disk quota command, was developed by the University of California, Berkeley, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and HP. FILES
Static information about the file systems Mounted file system table Password file (contains user names) SEE ALSO
du(1), find(1), ls(1), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), ncheck(1M), quot(1M), repquota(1M), quota(5). quot_hfs(1M)