Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Service script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Service script Post 302806397 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 13th of May 2013 03:50:19 AM
Old 05-13-2013
try changing if loop to check for count of sendmail if 0 found if loop will result in false else true
Code:

if [ `chkconfig --list | grep -c -i sendmail` ]

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a script to find another script via lookup service

Hi, I'm trying to write a basic script which will measure throughput at a node on a network, and pass the results on to a manager script (running on another node on the same network). I presume that I need to use some sort of naming service, so that the manager can publish its location. From what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeppelin147
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Script to Start as a Service

Hi, I have a shell script t1.sh. on my solaris box. So, what are the steps required to make this script run as a Service, when the system re-starts. (for ex:- at run level 3). I know that I should use the rc.d folders. But I don't know the exact steps. Kindly explain, Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for monitoring service

Hi, I am new to shell programming, I would like to write a script which will monitor sendmail service in linux, and if service goes down it will send the mail can you please suggest me how to monitor the service? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for service

Hi, I want to add an application as a service in Linux(Fedora 12). It should be run always for monitoring my system. It never terminate unless kill it. I wrote this script, put it on /etc/init.d/myapp and added it to run level 2345: #!/bin/bash # # chkconfig: 2345 20 80 # description:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pronetin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to automate a service message

Hi I am trying to figure out, on how to automate whether in a simple script or using awk/sed/grep commands to automate a "service.message" file which has tag separated message stating as; "There is currently no outage or system is unavailable for duration of change....", therefore, when... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gamma
14 Replies
SENDMAILCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)

NAME
sendmailconfig - configure sendmail for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sendmailconfig [--no-reload] DESCRIPTION
sendmailconfig is used to simplify the configuration of sendmail(8) for use on Debian systems. In the simplest case, you may run this program to (re)configure sendmail for your Debian system at any time. It will modify the file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc in order to create a working sendmail configuration which will be written to the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. For advanced configurations, you can modify the sendmail.mc file before generating sendmail.cf. Future invokations of sendmailconfig will preserve these changes provided they are made at the end of the file. Normally sendmailconfig will ask if you want to reload sendmail after making changes to its configuration. The --no-reload option will avoid this question. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file /etc/mail/sendmail.cw names for which we will accept mail in the standard configuration /etc/mail/sendmail.ct names of trusted users in the standard configuration SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> 21-Jan-1997 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)