Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While loop for comparison
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop for comparison Post 302806133 by Don Cragun on Sunday 12th of May 2013 02:43:58 PM
Old 05-12-2013
Is this a homework assignment?

What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if loop (string comparison)

Hi Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this (ksh).. if + ]] then echo ${COMP_TEMP} fi What i need here is, say if the variable is a 1 or 2 digit number, then execute the if loop. Basically the variable can either be 1-30 or some other character sequence say '?', '&&'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psynaps3
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison and For Loop Taking Too Long

I'd like to 1. Check and compare the 10,000 pnt files contains single record from the /$ROOTDIR/scp/inbox/string1 directory against 39 bad pnt files from the /$ROOTDIR/output/tma/pnt/bad/string1 directory based on the fam_id column value start at position 38 to 47 from the record below. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanie123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - Comparison of expect value and loop selection

Hello All, I am trying to automate an installation process using expect and sh script. My problem is that during the installation process the expected value can change according to the situation. For Example if this is a first time installation then at step 3 I'll get "Do you want to accept... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokrm
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison not working inside while loop

Hi, In the code included below, the string comparision is not working fine. Please help while (( find_out >= i )) do file=`head -$i f.out|tail -1` dir=`dirname $file` cd $dir Status="" if ; then Status=`cvs -Q status... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

string comparison not working inside while loop

The string comparison highlighted below is not working fine. Please help: while read line do # Get File name by deleting everything that preceedes and follows Filename as printed in cvs status' output f_name=`echo $line | sed -e 's/^File://' -e 's/ *Status:.*//' | awk '{print $NF}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two variables with IF loop

Hello, My script is like : #!/bin/sh -x TODAY=$(echo `date +"%b%d"`) FILE_DATE=$(ls -l test.sh | awk '{print $6$7}') echo "file date=$FILE_DATE" echo "date=$TODAY" if ];then echo "file is correct" else echo "file is incorrect" fi and The Output is : $ ./test.sh + + date +%b%d +... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - 2 files comparison without for loop - multi-line issue

Greetings Experts, I need to handle the views created over monthly retention tables for which every new table in YYYYMMDD format, there is equivalent view created and the older table which might be dropped, the view over it has to be re-created over a dummy table so that it doesn't fail.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
oss_imux(7)							    OSS Devices 						       oss_imux(7)

NAME
oss_imux - Input Muplexer audio driver. DESCRIPTION
IMUX is a virtual recording engine that permits up to 8 audio recording applications to run at the same time. Generally most soundcards permit only a single recording application to record the input source (via mic, line or CD). With IMUX, you can use up to 8 recording applications to record the same source in different sample rates, bits/sample and channels (mono/stereo). IMUX does all the rate and for- mat conversion in software. The applications think that they are actually getting data from the physical device. For instance, if you want to record the input from a CDROM in .wav format at 48Khz/8/Mono and at the same time you want to record the same stream in .mp3 format in 44.1Khz 16 bit stereo, with IMUX, you can start the wave recording application on the first IMUX device and start the MP3 encoder on the second IMUX device and both applications will run simultaneously thinking that they are getting data from the physical soundcard. CONFIGURATION
To add the IMUX driver you first need to ensure that there is a physical soundcard present and then you can run ossdetect -i to add it. You may want to select a master device by setting imux_masterdev, but the autodetection should provide a good default. After OSS restart, imux should be available. USAGE
Connect an input source to the soundcard's line-in jack. Using the Mixer app like ossmix (or any OSS compliant mixer) set the recording source to Line-In (eg ossmix line.rec ON) Now you can start recording the input in multiple formats and at different sample rates. The sim- plest example is: ossrecord -s48000 -b16 -c2 -d/dev/oss/oss_imux0/pcmin0 test1.wav & ossrecord -s8000 -b8 -d/dev/oss/oss_imux0/pcmin0 test2.wav & After a few minutes of recording you can stop them by placing the command in forground mode (type fg %1 or fg %2) and press ^c to stop. You now have two wav format files. test1.wav is a 48KHz 16bit stereo file and test2.wav is a 8Khz 8bit Mono file. You can now playback the files as follows: o ossplay -v test1.wav and it should show you that the file is indeed 48Khz 16bit stereo. o ossplay -v test2.wav - you should see that this file is indeed a 8Khz 8bit mono file. What you have essentially accomplished is recording a single input stream into two different formats at the same time. You can now extend this analogy to record the input in mp3 format and RealAudio format simultaneously. The IMUX control panel can be displayed by typing ossxmix -d<imux mixer number> (for e.g. in the above example, IMUX mixer is #2 so we type ossxmix -d2 There are record level control sliders for each input channel and it will show activity when a recording program is active on a particular channel. OPTIONS
o imux_masterdev: Selects which physical device to use as the Master device for the IMUX driver. Values: -1: automatically selected by OSS, 1-N: Audio device index of the master device (as reported by ossinfo -a), Default: -1. o imux_rate: Specifies what is the base sampling rate used by the imux driver. Values: 5000-96000 Default: 48000 o imux_devices: Specifies number of Input Multiplexer devices to setup. Values: 2-48 Default: 5 FILES
/etc/oss4/conf/oss_imux.conf Device configuration file AUTHOR
4Front Technologies 16 December 2012 oss_imux(7)