Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To read timestamp from a line Post 302805911 by Yoda on Saturday 11th of May 2013 05:19:04 PM
Old 05-11-2013
First of all, please don't hijack thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisrajput
I cut the 'Date and Time' but unable to remove MST part.
Can you show us how you used cut?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending unix timestamp to every line of a statistical file

I have a statistical file populating every minute as below: 2011-11-11-1108 1955 891 2011-11-11-1109 2270 1049 2011-11-11-1110 1930 904 2011-11-11-1111 2030 931 2011-11-11-1112 1944 900 2011-11-11-1113 1922 875 Instead of having the date and time in the given format (2011-11-11-1113) I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp of a file and if it was accessed today then finding a line in it

i have my files and the variables value extracted from db is taken as in1=slot0312 in2=best in3=it is :veryliong/fine as varibles.. i have a folder stuctures in my unix machine as : /2011/hand_sl0312/best/HOD/file1.txt /2011/hand_sl0312/happy/HOD/file1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajniman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read directories sequential based on timestamp

Hi, I have a directory structure like below Directoryname create time d1 12:00 d2 12:05 d3 12:08 I want to read the directories based on timestamp.That is oldest directory must be read first and kick off certain process. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read timestamp and count from a line

I have file like: Date and Time: 2013-05-11 12:23:12 MST abc,1234,hi-all,45354-88888,IN,US XYZ,1234,hi-all,45354-88888,OUT,GB abc,1234,hi-all,45354-88888,IN,AS abc,1234,hi-all,45354-88888,OUT,US abc,1234,hi-all,45354-88888,IN,US Number of Records: 000005 And i want to read the Timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and write last modified timestamp to files?

Need help reading file last modified date in format: Filename (relative path);YYYYMMDDHHMMSS And then write it back. My idea is to backup it to a text file to restore later. Checked this command but does not work: Getting the Last Modification Timestamp of a File with Stat $ stat -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies
FSVS - URL format(5)						       fsvs						      FSVS - URL format(5)

NAME
Format of URLs - FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. For easier managing they get a name, and can optionally take a target revision. Such an extended URL has the form ['name:'{name},]['target:'{t-rev},]['prio:'{prio},]URL where URL is a standard URL known by subversion -- something like http://...., svn://... or svn+ssh://.... The arguments before the URL are optional and can be in any order; the URL must be last. Example: name:perl,prio:5,svn://... or, using abbreviations, N:perl,P:5,T:324,svn://... Please mind that the full syntax is in lower case, whereas the abbreviations are capitalized! Internally the : is looked for, and if the part before this character is a known keyword, it is used. As soon as we find an unknown keyword we treat it as an URL, ie. stop processing. The priority is in reverse numeric order - the lower the number, the higher the priority. (See url__current_has_precedence() ) Why a priority? When we have to overlay several URLs, we have to know which URL takes precedence - in case the same entry is in more than one. (Which is not recommended!) Why a name? We need a name, so that the user can say 'commit all outstanding changes to the repository at URL x', without having to remember the full URL. After all, this URL should already be known, as there's a list of URLs to update from. You should only use alphanumeric characters and the underscore here; or, in other words, w or [a-zA-Z0-9_]. (Whitespace, comma and semicolon get used as separators.) What can I do with the target revision? Using the target revision you can tell fsvs that it should use the given revision number as destination revision - so update would go there, but not further. Please note that the given revision number overrides the -r parameter; this sets the destination for all URLs. The default target is HEAD. Note: In subversion you can enter URL@revision - this syntax may be implemented in fsvs too. (But it has the problem, that as soon as you have a @ in the URL, you must give the target revision every time!) There's an additional internal number - why that? This internal number is not for use by the user. It is just used to have an unique identifier for an URL, without using the full string. On my system the package names are on average 12.3 characters long (1024 packages with 12629 bytes, including newline): COLUMNS=200 dpkg-query -l | cut -c5- | cut -f1 -d' ' | wc So if we store an id of the url instead of the name, we have approx. 4 bytes per entry (length of strings of numbers from 1 to 1024). Whereas using the needs name 12.3 characters, that's a difference of 8.3 per entry. Multiplied with 150 000 entries we get about 1MB difference in filesize of the dir-file. Not really small ... And using the whole URL would inflate that much more. Currently we use about 92 bytes per entry. So we'd (unnecessarily) increase the size by about 10%. That's why there's an url_t::internal_number. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for fsvs from the source code. Version trunk:2424 11 Mar 2010 FSVS - URL format(5)