Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Boy, is the shell powerful.
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Boy, is the shell powerful. Post 302805169 by verdepollo on Thursday 9th of May 2013 06:00:29 PM
Old 05-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
try and do even half of what the Scope does in a Windows, (TM), Command Prompt.
Isn't that supposed to be the purpose of Windows Power Shell?

I've never used it, I'm genuinely wondering.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Is Mac OS X Server Really Powerful?

Look We all know that Linux is almost BulletProof and about 40% faster than Win2K3 Server, When running Oracle DB, Right? Now my Question is can OS X run just as Well as Linux as a Server being PowerPC and Whatever, Can it be just as stable? Now You Tell me, Which is most Practical: Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to make scp more powerful?

Hello, I'm writing a script to automate the delivery of our code to different target environments and I was wondering if there's any way to cut down on the number of authentications that are needed. The script has to deliver to three different boxes (two directories on two boxes and one... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
11 Replies

3. Solaris

dd - imaging drives. Oh boy!

Hello, Yes, it's me again. Running around getting this done! My current problem is I'm trying to image one drive 0 (/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0) to drive 1 (/dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0). I know that drive1 came out of a Sun Server and it is a Sun drive. Solaris 10 recognized drive1 after the devfsadm command. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies
HWND(3TK)						       Tk Library Procedures							 HWND(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetHWND, Tk_AttachHWND - manage interactione between the Windows handle and an X window SYNOPSIS
#include <tkPlatDecls.h> HWND Tk_GetHWND(window) Window Tk_AttachHWND(tkwin, hwnd) ARGUMENTS
Window window (in) X token for window. Tk_Window tkwin (in) Tk window for window. HWND hwnd (in) Windows HWND for window. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetHWND returns the Windows HWND identifier for X Windows window given by window. Tk_AttachHWND binds the Windows HWND identifier to the specified Tk_Window given by tkwin. It returns an X Windows window that encapsulates the HWND. KEYWORDS
identifier, window ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 8.0 HWND(3TK)