Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparision of two directories of diff servers Post 302804829 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 9th of May 2013 08:29:17 AM
Old 05-09-2013
I dont think tar will remove out any directory structure you can trust tar Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl package directories - what if the script is diff DIR to the one contain *.pm?

Hi there, say the package is in the ~/ and it's ~/packageFoo.pm I can use usePackage.pl in ~/ (~/usePackage.pl). Now, if I move it to ~/subDIR/usePackage.pl, the script won't work because it's not in the same DIR with packageFoo.pm How can i fix it? Thanks Gusla (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perform diff between 2 directories

Hello all i wander what is the best way to make diff between 2 directories and perform diff of 2 kinds the first is the names of the files on each directory , and the second diff is between the content of each file and the corresponding file and the second dir. Thanks for the help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving directories to new directories on multiple servers

Hi - I am new to unix scripts...I need to move several directories on multiple servers to new directories. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare/Diff between directories and subdirectories?

Hi, Does anybody know the cmd to compare two areas and print out the different files w/ path? I tried cmp and diff and dircmp but with no luck. Should I grep and print? For example: /aa/images/jan ..../images/feb /bb/images/jan ..../images/feb i want to print the compare,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylee80
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using diff on files in different directories

Hi, I want to be able to compare two different files in two different directories. I have a development server set up on one domain and a live server set up on another.....I need to be able to compare files on these two servers. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

how to cp between servers on diff network

Hi, how can i sftp or scp between 2 servers, when only i am able to ping to them. they are on different network 10.130.170.31 -- server 1 10.130.230.141 -- server 2 i need to transfer data files from 1 to 2. need your suggestions or help on these. Regards saha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change chmod on files in diff directories

I am looking for a small script to crawl through several directories and change a couple of files in each directory to read write status. Anyone have any ideas ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same KSH behaving differently on diff servers

HI all I have written a ksh to execute PL/sql procedure and generate the log file. The script is working fine to the extent of calling the taking input, executing PL/SQL procedure. On one server the log file is getting generated properly. i,e it shows the DBMS output . The log file size was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrishnakini
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Diff on remote servers file systems

Iam trying to compare two file systems on two hosts basically to check them to be in sync I dont have rsync so trying to use diff Let me know how to do it.... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two directories with diff

Hi all, I have 2 directories on two different servers. I am trying to find out what is missing from directory X and what is missing from directory Y. they should both have the same exact files in them. I understand some files may be missing from both directories on each server. I am not sure... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
BF_TAR(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 						 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. AUTHORS
Matthias Andree Bogofilter 10/22/2012 BF_TAR(1)