Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 - SSH 40 Second Delay Post 302804781 by hicksd8 on Thursday 9th of May 2013 07:04:35 AM
Old 05-09-2013
Yep, sounds all very familiar.

Yes, it's something that has changed on your network I reckon, either DNS or some routing.

Do you have a network support team at the site? Have you asked them what they've changed? You need to know everything.

Resist greatly any temptation to go in and mess with your Solaris9, you'll probably regret it. If temptation does overcome you, make sure that you have complete backups of everything as it is now so that you can recover easily to the current state.

Post a description of your network. Size? Devices? Routers? DNS servers?
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

trouble auto connecting ssh 3.6.1 (Solaris 8) to ssh 3.0.1 (Solaris 6)

I am currently setting up rdiff-backup to use ssh to connect and remotely backup and retrieve data. I am doing so by creating rsa keys for each server and copying the relevant key to the /.ssh folder on the relevant server. All seems to work well when severs running solaris 8 with ssh 3.6.1 are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: falklandtim
6 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh for solaris 8

Hi all, i need to run ssh for solaris 8 my server version is SunOS myserver 5.8 Generic_117350-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 wher i can get this? pls help Thanx n Regards/Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

3. Linux

delay getting ssh login prompt

Hi, We currently have a problem on a centos server when i try to ssh to it there is a significant delay in getting a login prompt. What would be the steps in troubleshooting this issue? I have try to narrow down a possible network issue but cannot see anything obviously wrong in the routing table,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to use SSH in Solaris 10?

Hi, I m new to Sun Solaris. I've only changed the PermitRootLogin from no to yes, so that I can login as root from Window vista by using Putty.exe. Then I can create new users and change password. Except the above configuration, i have do nothing to my SSH server. Am I need to generate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stacychiam
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - ssh out ok, but ssh in not

Hi, It's a Solaris 10 zone. I can ssh to other systems without problems, but can not ssh to it (output attached). I don't think there is a firewall here. /etc/ipf/ipf.conf contains nothing. What could be the problem cause? Please help. Thank you in advance! sshclient$ ssh -v thiserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Delay after invalid SSH logon?

I am trying to configure a 4 second delay between failed login attempts on SSH. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ssh logon delay

OS - Oracle Linux 5.6 and 6.3 (Oracle Linux is based on Red Hat). Background: I have several OL 5.6 virtual machines running under Virtual Box on my Win7 Pro desktop. Due to the way VBox handles networking through the network adapter it installs on the host OS, I build my vm's with 2 virtual... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies

10. Solaris

SSH and telnet long delay to recieve prompt.

Hi guys. You'd have to excuse me a bit, as I'm a noob. I really try to avoid asking questions and do research for whatever linux issues that may arise. I am experiencing a long wait for the shell to come up when I ssh or telnet into a Sunos 5.10 environment. It takes 70 seconds to give me... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpenco
12 Replies
ct_ssh(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						      ct_ssh(3erl)

NAME
ct_ssh - SSH/SFTP client module. DESCRIPTION
SSH/SFTP client module. ct_ssh uses the OTP ssh application and more detailed information about e.g. functions, types and options can be found in the documentation for this application. The Server argument in the SFTP functions should only be used for SFTP sessions that have been started on existing SSH connections (i.e. when the original connection type is ssh ). Whenever the connection type is sftp , use the SSH connection reference only. The following options are valid for specifying an SSH/SFTP connection (i.e. may be used as config elements): [{ConnType, Addr}, {port, Port}, {user, UserName} {password, Pwd} {user_dir, String} {public_key_alg, PubKeyAlg} {connect_timeout, Timeout} {key_cb, KeyCallbackMod}] ConnType = ssh | sftp . Please see ssh(3erl) for other types. All timeout parameters in ct_ssh functions are values in milliseconds. DATA TYPES
connection() = handle() | target_name() (see module ct) : handle() = handle() (see module ct_gen_conn) : Handle for a specific SSH/SFTP connection. ssh_sftp_return() = term() : A return value from an ssh_sftp function. EXPORTS
apread(SSH, Handle, Position, Length) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). apread(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Length) -> term() apwrite(SSH, Handle, Position, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). apwrite(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Data) -> term() aread(SSH, Handle, Len) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). aread(SSH, Server, Handle, Len) -> term() awrite(SSH, Handle, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). awrite(SSH, Server, Handle, Data) -> term() close(SSH, Handle) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). close(SSH, Server, Handle) -> term() connect(KeyOrName) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to connect(KeyOrName, host, []) . connect(KeyOrName, ConnType) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to connect(KeyOrName, ConnType, []) . connect(KeyOrName, ConnType, ExtraOpts) -> {ok, Handle} | {error, Reason} Types KeyOrName = Key | Name Key = atom() Name = target_name() (see module ct) ConnType = ssh | sftp | host ExtraOpts = ssh_connect_options() Handle = handle() Reason = term() Open an SSH or SFTP connection using the information associated with KeyOrName . If Name (an alias name for Key ), is used to identify the connection, this name may be used as connection reference for subsequent calls. It's only possible to have one open connection at a time associated with Name . If Key is used, the returned handle must be used for subsequent calls (multiple connections may be opened using the config data specified by Key ). ConnType will always override the type specified in the address tuple in the configuration data (and in ExtraOpts ). So it is possi- ble to for example open an sftp connection directly using data originally specifying an ssh connection. The value host means the connection type specified by the host option (either in the configuration data or in ExtraOpts ) will be used. ExtraOpts (optional) are extra SSH options to be added to the config data for KeyOrName . The extra options will override any exist- ing options with the same key in the config data. For details on valid SSH options, see the documentation for the OTP ssh applica- tion. del_dir(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). del_dir(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() delete(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). delete(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() disconnect(SSH) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Reason = term() Close an SSH/SFTP connection. exec(SSH, Command) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to exec(SSH, Command, DefaultTimeout) . exec(SSH, Command, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Command = string() Timeout = integer() Data = list() Reason = term() Requests server to perform Command . A session channel is opened automatically for the request. Data is received from the server as a result of the command. exec(SSH, ChannelId, Command, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Command = string() Timeout = integer() Data = list() Reason = term() Requests server to perform Command . A previously opened session channel is used for the request. Data is received from the server as a result of the command. get_file_info(SSH, Handle) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). get_file_info(SSH, Server, Handle) -> term() list_dir(SSH, Path) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). list_dir(SSH, Server, Path) -> term() make_dir(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). make_dir(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() make_symlink(SSH, Name, Target) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). make_symlink(SSH, Server, Name, Target) -> term() open(SSH, File, Mode) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). open(SSH, Server, File, Mode) -> term() opendir(SSH, Path) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). opendir(SSH, Server, Path) -> term() position(SSH, Handle, Location) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). position(SSH, Server, Handle, Location) -> term() pread(SSH, Handle, Position, Length) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). pread(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Length) -> term() pwrite(SSH, Handle, Position, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). pwrite(SSH, Server, Handle, Position, Data) -> term() read(SSH, Handle, Len) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read(SSH, Server, Handle, Len) -> term() read_file(SSH, File) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_file(SSH, Server, File) -> term() read_file_info(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_file_info(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() read_link(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_link(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() read_link_info(SSH, Name) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). read_link_info(SSH, Server, Name) -> term() receive_response(SSH, ChannelId) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, close) . receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, End) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, End, DefaultTimeout) . receive_response(SSH, ChannelId, End, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {timeout, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() End = Fun | close | timeout Timeout = integer() Data = list() Reason = term() Receives expected data from server on the specified session channel. If End == close , data is returned to the caller when the channel is closed by the server. If a timeout occurs before this happens, the function returns {timeout,Data} (where Data is the data received so far). If End == timeout , a timeout is expected and {ok,Data} is returned both in the case of a timeout and when the channel is closed. If End is a fun, this fun will be called with one argument - the data value in a received ssh_cm message (see ssh_connection(3erl)). The fun should return true to end the receiv- ing operation (and have the so far collected data returned), or false to wait for more data from the server. (Note that even if a fun is supplied, the function returns immediately if the server closes the channel). rename(SSH, OldName, NewName) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). rename(SSH, Server, OldName, NewName) -> term() send(SSH, ChannelId, Data) -> ok | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, DefaultTimeout) . send(SSH, ChannelId, Data, Timeout) -> ok | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, Timeout) . send(SSH, ChannelId, Type, Data, Timeout) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Type = integer() Data = list() Timeout = integer() Reason = term() Send data to server on specified session channel. send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data, close) . send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data, End) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, End, DefaultTimeout) . send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Data, End, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, 0, Data, End, Timeout) . send_and_receive(SSH, ChannelId, Type, Data, End, Timeout) -> {ok, Data} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Type = integer() Data = list() End = Fun | close | timeout Timeout = integer() Reason = term() Send data to server on specified session channel and wait to receive the server response. See receive_response/4 for details on the End argument. session_close(SSH, ChannelId) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Reason = term() Closes an SSH session channel. session_open(SSH) -> {ok, ChannelId} | {error, Reason} Equivalent to session_open(SSH, DefaultTimeout) . session_open(SSH, Timeout) -> {ok, ChannelId} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Timeout = integer() ChannelId = integer() Reason = term() Opens a channel for an SSH session. sftp_connect(SSH) -> {ok, Server} | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() Server = pid() Reason = term() Starts an SFTP session on an already existing SSH connection. Server identifies the new session and must be specified whenever SFTP requests are to be sent. subsystem(SSH, ChannelId, Subsystem) -> Status | {error, Reason} Equivalent to subsystem(SSH, ChannelId, Subsystem, DefaultTimeout) . subsystem(SSH, ChannelId, Subsystem, Timeout) -> Status | {error, Reason} Types SSH = connection() ChannelId = integer() Subsystem = string() Timeout = integer() Status = success | failure Reason = term() Sends a request to execute a predefined subsystem. write(SSH, Handle, Data) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). write(SSH, Server, Handle, Data) -> term() write_file(SSH, File, Iolist) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). write_file(SSH, Server, File, Iolist) -> term() write_file_info(SSH, Name, Info) -> Result Types SSH = connection() Result = ssh_sftp_return() | {error, Reason} Reason = term() For info and other types, see ssh_sftp(3erl). write_file_info(SSH, Server, Name, Info) -> term() AUTHORS
<> common_test 1.5.3 ct_ssh(3erl)