Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to catch the redirection error when the disk is full Post 302804695 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 9th of May 2013 04:58:31 AM
Old 05-09-2013
Try running the command from within /usr/xpg4/bin/sh instead of /bin/sh. The classic Bourne shell on Solaris can be a bit funny with redirects sometimes...

--
Otherwise, is there a difference without a shell redirect? for example:
Code:
/usr/xpg4/bin/awk 'NR>1{print > "sample_file.load"}' sample_file.txt

or
Code:
sed -n '1d;wsample_file.load' sample_file.txt

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-09-2013 at 01:15 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

disk full

Please solve the following NOTICE HTFS:No space on dev hd(1/42) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msuheel
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.3 errpt full of message: DISK OPERATION ERROR

Hi All, Can anyone explain me the meanning of the following errors: LABEL: SC_DISK_ERR2 IDENTIFIER: B6267342 Description DISK OPERATION ERROR Probable Causes DASD DEVICE Failure Causes DISK DRIVE DISK DRIVE ELECTRONICS Recommended Actions PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianlu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts. I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format. Commands i used and output are.... #vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
11 Replies

4. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

5. Linux

Disk full 100%

one of my servers / was full by 100% i cleard some space, now though i have enough space on / partition still df is showing disk usage as 100% am not able to create any single txt file ? why so ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the output after core dump and bus error

I have a weird situation in which the binary dumps core and gives bus error. But before dumping the core and throwing the buss error, it gives some output. unfortunately I can't grep the output before core dump db2bfd -b test.bnd maxSect 15 Bus Error (core dumped) But if I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unable to get full FS space after mounting

Hi, I am unable to get the full FS space, as /home is 100% utilized and after deleting unwanted files, its still 100%. After checking the du -sk * | sort -n output and converting it to MBs, the total sizes comes out to be 351 MBs only however the lvol is of 3GB. I don't know where is all the space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk full alerts

i want to create 1 script to monitor 1 particular filesystem out of the diferent filesystems. if disk space of that particular filesystem increases by 80% it sends an alert mail to an email id ---------- Post updated at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:17 PM ---------- no. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshhhhhhhh
1 Replies
GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1) 					gnome-disk-utility					   GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1)

NAME
gnome-disk-image-mounter - Attach and mount disk images SYNOPSIS
gnome-disk-image-mounter [--writable] [URI...] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disk-image-mounter can be used to set up disk images. Both regular files and GVfs URIs (such as smb://filer/media/file.iso) can be used in the URI parameter. If no URIs are given and a window server is running, a graphical file chooser will be presented. Note that gnome-disk-image-mounter will not mount filesystems or unlock encrypted volumes in the disk image - this responsibility is left to the automounter in GNOME Shell to ensure that the same interactions happen as if the disk image was a regular physical device or disc. By default the disk images are attached read-only, use the option --writable to change this. RETURN VALUE
gnome-disk-image-mounter returns 0 on success and non-zero on failure. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-shell(1), gnome-disks(1), udisks(8), losetup(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1)