Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write a update query in perl script? Post 302804591 by hiten.r.chauhan on Thursday 9th of May 2013 12:31:33 AM
Old 05-09-2013
The pre-requisite is you must have DBI and DBD::Oracle installed.
Go through the below url, you can find the answer
Perl Database Management - DBI, DBD and OraPerl

For sending attachment in mail you can use
Code:
 -a

switch in mailx

mailx -a /path/to/attachament -s subject user@org.com
This User Gave Thanks to hiten.r.chauhan For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable passed to Oracle query

Hi All, I pass a Perl script variable, whch is passed to a query to be prepared. But the problem is I have special character like '&' in this variable which are handled in a special way by the Oracle query parser. How do I get over this? my $cust_name='A&B'; my $sql="Select cust_short_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a Perl script

Hello friends, I am having a awk script which does my goal , but I want to learn perl , after learning the basics in perl now I am trying to convert my nawk script to perl . Please help me to do some task in perl that I ve already did in nawk. Like I am facing some problem in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql query via perl script

Hello, If I run this command on the server it works. # dbc "update config set radio_enabled = 0;" how can I execute the same command in perl. I have defined the dbc path. Can any one please correct the last line. #!/usr/bin/perl #database path $dbc='/opt/bin/psql -Userver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to find, write, repeat...

I am a novice writing perl scripts so I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer. I have a list of 100 words in a file (words.txt) and I need to find them in a second file (data.txt). Whenever one of these words is found I need to write that line to a third file (out.txt) and then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tgamble
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to create/write into spreadsheet

Hi, I need help in debug following script. can somebody help....!!! #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; # Create a new workbook called simple.xls and add a worksheet. my $workbook = Spreadsheet::WriteExcel->new('simple.xls'); my $worksheet =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write Perl Script to Get MQ Queue Depth?

Hi , I got the following script from internet to display queue depth using Perl Script. However, when I execute it , im getting following error. Can anyone shed light on what is going wrong? #!/usr/bin/perl ## 07/23/01 ## Depth Inquiry sample program. ## Arguments: ## Connects to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)													      MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)

mssql_free_result - Free result memory

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_free_result (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_free_result(3) only needs to be called if you are worried about using too much memory while your script is running. All result memory will automatically be freed when the script ends. You may call mssql_free_result(3) with the result identifier as an argument and the asso- ciated result memory will be freed. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being freed. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_free_result(3) example <?php // Select some data from a table $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]', $link); // Handle query result here // When we're done we free the result by calling // mssql_free_result like so: mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_free_statement(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)