Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get first sunday of the month? Post 302804467 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 03:47:54 PM
Old 05-08-2013
SmilieOMG 11 threads! ELEVEN THREADS!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job -- to execute at every first Sunday of every month

Dear all How can I schedule the cronjob to be run sometime at every first Sunday at every month? I have the edit the cronjob every month now, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Set up a cronjob On 4th Sunday of every Month?

How to Set up a cronjob which will run On 4th Sunday of every Month at 8:00 PM :( (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup cronjob 3rd sunday of every month?

Hi All, I need to set up cronjob for every third sunday of the month. here i have seen one example for 4th sunday for every month in another post and it looks perfect.can anyone please help me to understand this and help me to get the setup for third sunday of every month.Thanks. this is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger the script if it is first sunday of the quarterly month

Hello All, I have script which needs to be scheduled in crontab which needs to be run only on the first sunday of the quarterly months (March, June, September,Dec). Can anyone please help me out on this. Thanks, Arun. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on every last sunday of the month

Hi ALL, I have been testing this script to run for every last Sunday of the month,looks like month which have 5 sunday (july 2016 )is not passing this and failing every time. Here is what I am using, current_date=31 echo " CURRENT DAY -> $current_date" if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

10. AIX

cron job on 3rd sunday of every month

Hi, Actually scheduled my test scripts on test severs as shown below. They are supposed to run on 3rd sunday of every month. Unfortunately it ran on 2nd sunday of the month (suspecting that it will run every sunday). I am sorry if I miss something. Could you please let me know if I did any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
1 Replies
Config::Record(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Config::Record(3pm)

NAME
Config::Record - Configuration file access SYNOPSIS
use Config::Record; # Create an empty record & then load from file my $config = Config::Record->new(); $config->load("/etc/myapp.cfg"); # Create & load, then save to filename my $config = Config::Record->new(file => "/etc/myapp.cfg"); $config->save("/etc/myapp.cfg"); # Load / save from filehandle my $fh = IO::File->new("/etc/myapp.cfg"); my $config = Config::Record->new(file => $fh); $config->save($fh); # Get a config value, throw error if not found my $value = $config->get("foo"); # Get a config value, return 'eek' if not found my $value = $config->get("foo", "eek"); # Set a value $config->set("foobar", "wizz"); # Get a deep config value (ie nested hash) my $value = $config->get("foo/bar", "eek"); # Get first element of an array param my $value = $config->get("people/[0]/forename"); # Get the raw hash reference forming the record my $record = $config->record(); # Get a new config object rooted at a sub-hash my $config = $config->view("foo"); DESCRIPTION
This module provides an API for loading and saving of simple configuration file records. Entries in the configuration file are essentially key,value pairs, with the key and values separated by a single equals symbol. The "key" consists only of alphanumeric characters. There are three types of values, scalar values can contain anything except newlines. Trailing whitespace will be trimmed unless the value is surrounded in double quotes. eg foo = Wizz foo = "Wizz.... " Long lines can be split with a backslash character, without introducing newlines. Without double quotes, whitespace at beginning and end of lines will be trimmed eg foo = This is a long line of text foo = "This is a long " "line of text" Multi-line strings can be provided as 'HERE' documents, eg foo = <<EOF This is a multiple paragraph block of text with newlines preserved EOF Array values consist of a single right round bracket, following by one "value" per line, terminated by a single left round bracket. eg foo = ( Wizz "Wizz... " ) Hash values consist of a single right curly bracket, followed by one key,value pair per line, terminated by a single left curly bracket. eg foo = { one = Wizz two = "Wizz.... " } Arrays and hashes can be nested to arbitrary depth. EXAMPLE
name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" eek = ( OOhh Aahhh Wizz ) people = ( { forename = John surnamne = Doe } { forename = Some surname = One } ) wizz = { foo = "Elk" ooh = "fds" } EXTRA PARSER FEATURES
The syntax described thus far is classed as the base feature set. By passing the "features" parameter when creating an instance of the "Config::Record" class, it is possible to turn on certain extra features QUOTED NON-ALPHANUMERIC KEYS The keys for configuration parameters are normally restricted to only contain the characters 'a-Z', '0-9', '_', '-' and '.'. Sometimes it is desirable to allow arbitrary characters for keys. If this capability is required then the "quotedkeys" parameter can be set. EXAMPLE name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" " some parameter " = ( foo bar } "an embeded " quote" = bar "an embeded \ backslash" = wizz EXTERNAL INCLUDE FILES With large configuration files it can be desirable to split them into a number of smaller files. If this capability is required, then the "includes" feature can be requested. Each included file must follow the syntax rules already described. EXAMPLE In the main file name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" foo = @include(somefile.cfg) And in somefile.cfg firstname = Joe lastname = Blogs Is equivalent to name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" foo = { firstname = Joe lastname = Blogs } METHODS
my $config = Config::Record->new([file => $file], [features => \%features]); Creates a new config object, loading parameters from the file specified by the "file" parameter. The "file" parameter can either be a string representing a fully qualified filename, or a IO::Handle object. If the "file" parameter is a string, this filename will be saved and future calls to "load" or "save" are permitted to omit the filename. If the "file" parameter is not supplied then an empty configuration record is created. The "features" parameter allows extra parser features to be enabled. The two valid keys for the associated hash as "includes" and "quotedkeys" as described earlier in this document. $config->load([$file]); Loads and parses a configuration record. The "file" parameter can either be a string representing a fully qualified filename, or an IO::Handle object. The $file parameter may be omitted, if a filename was specified in the constructor, or in previous calls to "load" or "save". Prior to loading the record, the current contents of this configuration are cleared. $config->save([$file]); Saves the configuration record to a file. The "file" parameter can either be a string representing a fully qualified filename, or an IO::Handle object opened for writing. The $file parameter may be omitted, if a filename was specified in the constructor, or in previous calls to "load" or "save". my $value = $config->get($key[, $default]); Gets the value of a configuration parameter corresponding to the name "key". If there is no value in the record, then the optional "default" is returned. $config->set($key, $value); Sets the value of a configuration parameter corresponding to the name "key". $config->view($key) Return a new Config::Record object, rooted at the specified key. If the key doesn't resolve to a hash reference an error will be raised. my $record = $config->record(); Retrieves a hash reference for the entire configuration record. Currently this is the actual internal storage record, so changes will modify the configuration. In the next release this will be changed to be a deep clone of the internal storage record. BUGS
Config::Record has the following limitations o If you load and then save a configuration file all comments are removed & whitespace normalized. o Ordering of elements in hash ref are not preserved across load and save sequence These limitations may be fixed in a future release if there is demand from users... AUTHORS
Daniel Berrange <dan@berrange.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Daniel P. Berrange <dan@berrange.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1) perl v5.12.4 2011-10-12 Config::Record(3pm)