Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find: cannot access <file name> Post 302804205 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 07:20:54 AM
Old 05-08-2013
If you want to find file created in last 5 minutes use -mtime in find and what is tu? is it some file if yes it it accessable by user you running the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files with a perticular year of access

Hello all, Might be a silly question, on my AIX machine the year had changed to 2022 and some files were accessed on this date hence the time stamp on these files is with year 2022, there are many such files. i want to list all these file from the root dir and subdir with 2022 year... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . but not access subdirectories

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to prevent this find command from accessing this diretories's subdirectories! I tried the maxdepth and prune but they don't seem to work on SUN. So now i'm trying to set up a nawk command to not process any files that have "REVISED" in there name: find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

3. AIX

Find all users with shell access

Hi, how do I find all users currently setup with shell access. Thanks in advance. Gav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LionFeen
1 Replies

4. SCO

Find access times

I am working on a SCO Unixware 7.1.4 server and I have been asked to determine over the last year when a file was accessed, not just the last time it was accessed. Is there anyway to figure this out? Thanks in advance, Kevin Harnden (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chefsride
1 Replies

5. Programming

how to write Microsoft Access MDB file to a text file, using C ?

I'm in the UNIX environment. I'd like to read a Microsoft Access MDB file, and write the contents of that file into an ASCII text file. I want to write a C program to do this. Does anyone know if there's already source code out there that does this? Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file with exact access date

Hi I have to write command that find the files/dirs in the directory with access date equal to timestamp. ie or to be more precise I need to find files which are not equal to given timestamp drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle oinstall 4096 May 31 2007 tmp so need to have something like find . *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

7. AIX

Want to find the last access time for large group of files at one go

Dear All, I'm working as a DBA and dont have much knowledge at OS level commands.we have requirement that we need find the files which has been last accessed >= apr 2010and also access date <= apr 2010 for a large set of files.Do know some commands likeistat, ls -u.But can anyone provide me the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbanrb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanted to find both link file and ordinary file using single find command

find . -type fl o/p is only the ordinary file. where in it wont give the link files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where to find accounts with su access?

Hi, This is for some system audit - there are sulog files that recorded all su activities, we need to verify that all the user accounts in the log are supposed to have su capability. Is there some configuration file where all the user accounts with su access are listed? (similar to /etc/sudoers... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Ignore Access issues

Hi, I am using following command to find a specific file. find . -name "find*.txt" -type f -print I am issuing that command at root directory since I don't know in which sub folder that file is getting created from some other process. As I am not having access to all directories, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RameshCh
3 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  File::Find::Rule::Extending(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3pm)