Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk question keep dups, delete if only one row Post 302803983 by Yoda on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 10:47:34 PM
Old 05-07-2013
Yes, it does work. Here is what I get when running on above set of data:
Code:
$ ./charlieglen.awk
apple_1
apple_1
grape_1
grape_1
grape_1
orange_0
orange_0

I don't get orange_0 and apple_1 in the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a row in a file?

Does anyone know a way to delete rows 6-9 from the below output? I have searched the forum but did not find any thing helpful. backups01laxint.liuc(s){jsandova}<0>$ nsrjb -v | awk -F' ' '$3>=01{print $0}' | cut -b 1-79 | cat -n setting verbosity level to `1' 1 slot volume ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first row last column

Hi All, I am having following file and I want to delete 1 row last column. Current File Content: ================ procedure test421 put_line procedure test321 test421 procedure test521 test321 procedure test621 test521 Expected File Content: =========================== procedure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete last row in PERL

How to delete last row in the file in PERL. file1 has a.output b.output c.output d.output e.output expected output is a.output b.output c.output d.output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaleru
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a row in a file

hi team, i have a file txt1 , in that file there r 10 lines . my aim is to cut 2nd and 6th line of the file . what command we can use for this scenario. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command : row by row merging of two files

I want to write a scrpit to merge files row wise (actually concatinating) main.txt X Y Z file 1 A B C file 2 1 2 3 now i want the script to check if the file1 is empty or not, if empty then make it like A B C 1 2 3 again to check if second file is empty if not do as done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk question row into column

I have a csv file: test1.csv with 26 columns Sample: Data collected Comp1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Average Number of Arrivals with non Zero,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,...,0 %Utilization,0.1,0.23,0.14,...,0.36 Data collected Comp2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Average Number of Arrivals with non... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calitiggr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a row if either of column value is zero

Hi, My input file is this way 1.1 0.0 2.4 3.5 7.9 1.8 22.3 4.7 8.9 0.9 1.3 0.0 3.4 5.6 0.0 1.1 2.2 0.0 0.0 1.1 0.0 0.0 3.4 5.6 I would like to delete the entire row, if either of 2nd and 3rd columns are 0.0. Please note that my values are all decimal values. So, my output would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding missing records and Dups

I have a fixed width file. The records looks something similar to below: Type ID SSN NAME .....AND SOME MORE FIELDS A1 1234 ..... A1 1234 ..... B1 1234 ..... M2 4567 ..... M2 4567 ..... N2 4567 ..... N2 4567 ..... A1 9999 N2 9999 Now if A1 is present then B1 has to be present.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate row

Hi all, how can delete duplicate files in file form, e.g. $cat file1 aaa 123 234 345 456 bbb 345 345 657 568 ccc 345 768 897 456 aaa 123 234 345 456 ddd 786 784 234 263 ccc 345 768 897 456 aaa 123 234 345 456 ccc 345 768 897 456 then i need ouput file1 some, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
4 Replies
Template::Plugin::Table(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Template::Plugin::Table(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Table - Plugin to present data in a table SYNOPSIS
[% USE table(list, rows=n, cols=n, overlap=n, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item IN table.row(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH item IN table.col(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH row IN table.rows %] [% FOREACH item IN row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] [% FOREACH col IN table.cols %] [% col.first %] - [% col.last %] ([% col.size %] entries) [% END %] DESCRIPTION
The "Table" plugin allows you to format a list of data items into a virtual table. When you create a "Table" plugin via the "USE" directive, simply pass a list reference as the first parameter and then specify a fixed number of rows or columns. [% USE Table(list, rows=5) %] [% USE table(list, cols=5) %] The "Table" plugin name can also be specified in lower case as shown in the second example above. You can also specify an alternative variable name for the plugin as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mydata = table(list, rows=5) %] The plugin then presents a table based view on the data set. The data isn't actually reorganised in any way but is available via the "row()", "col()", "rows()" and "cols()" as if formatted into a simple two dimensional table of "n" rows x "n" columns. So if we had a sample "alphabet" list contained the letters '"a"' to '"z"', the above "USE" directives would create plugins that represented the following views of the alphabet. [% USE table(alphabet, ... %] rows=5 cols=5 a f k p u z a g m s y b g l q v b h n t z c h m r w c i o u d i n s x d j p v e j o t y e k q w f l r x We can request a particular row or column using the "row()" and "col()" methods. [% USE table(alphabet, rows=5) %] [% FOREACH item = table.row(0) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ a f k p u z ] in turn [% END %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(2) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ m n o p q r ] in turn [% END %] Data in rows is returned from left to right, columns from top to bottom. The first row/column is 0. By default, rows or columns that contain empty values will be padded with the undefined value to fill it to the same size as all other rows or columns. For example, the last row (row 4) in the first example would contain the values "[ e j o t y undef ]". The Template Toolkit will safely accept these undefined values and print a empty string. You can also use the IF directive to test if the value is set. [% FOREACH item = table.row(4) %] [% IF item %] Item: [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] You can explicitly disable the "pad" option when creating the plugin to returned shortened rows/columns where the data is empty. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(4) %] # [% item %] set to each of 'y z' [% END %] The "rows()" method returns all rows/columns in the table as a reference to a list of rows (themselves list references). The "row()" methods when called without any arguments calls "rows()" to return all rows in the table. Ditto for "cols()" and "col()". [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% FOREACH item = row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] The Template Toolkit provides the "first", "last" and "size" virtual methods that can be called on list references to return the first/last entry or the number of entries in a list. The following example shows how we might use this to provide an alphabetical index split into 3 even parts. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=3, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH group = table.col %] [ [% group.first %] - [% group.last %] ([% group.size %] letters) ] [% END %] This produces the following output: [ a - i (9 letters) ] [ j - r (9 letters) ] [ s - z (8 letters) ] We can also use the general purpose "join" virtual method which joins the items of the list using the connecting string specified. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% row.join(' - ') %] [% END %] Data in the table is ordered downwards rather than across but can easily be transformed on output. For example, to format our data in 5 columns with data ordered across rather than down, we specify "rows=5" to order the data as such: a f . . b g . c h d i e j and then iterate down through each column (a-e, f-j, etc.) printing the data across. a b c d e f g h i j . . . Example code to do so would be much like the following: [% USE table(alphabet, rows=3) %] [% FOREACH cols = table.cols %] [% FOREACH item = cols %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] Output: a b c d e f g h i j . . . In addition to a list reference, the "Table" plugin constructor may be passed a reference to a Template::Iterator object or subclass thereof. The Template::Iterator get_all() method is first called on the iterator to return all remaining items. These are then available via the usual Table interface. [% USE DBI(dsn,user,pass) -%] # query() returns an iterator [% results = DBI.query('SELECT * FROM alphabet ORDER BY letter') %] # pass into Table plugin [% USE table(results, rows=8 overlap=1 pad=0) -%] [% FOREACH row = table.cols -%] [% row.first.letter %] - [% row.last.letter %]: [% row.join(', ') %] [% END %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::Table(3pm)