Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script logic
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script logic Post 302803823 by systemee on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 01:33:26 PM
Old 05-07-2013
Shell script logic

Hi I have a requirement where I have to generate a mail/alert to the user if any QA check is failed.

our oracle jobs run in unix environment and log file is created .
Sample is given below .

Code:
SELECT *
  FROM product.fact_tally
 WHERE period_id = '20130401' ;
 LIMIT 5;

Ideally the above query should return zero but if any output is found the it will be displayed as below

Code:
|20130401	|20	|1	|NETWORK	
|20130401	|20	|2	|NETWORK

this will be stored in the logfile .
Now I have to generate a mail or alert if query output is found and mail the user with which query is failed and the output .

Thanks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-07-2013 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on a shell script logic

Hello people, I am new to shell scripting and hoping to get a quick answer to my query. I am writing a simple script which needs to call an executale which generates an output file. Once the output file is generated I have to do a couple of more task with that file. The executable ideally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tipsy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or PERL Logic

Hello All, Currently i am working on a logic in PERL scripting ... But i am sort of stuck up, can any one please help. Here goes. 1. Search for a pattern in a file 2. If the pattern matched lets say 10 lines 2.1 Reterive the first line and check for another pattern 2.1.1 if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic in Shell script required

Hi, I have the following in my shell script sqlplus << EOF username/password @$SCRIPTS_DIR/refresh.sql > /home/oracle/sql/refreshsql.log EOF RETCODE=$? if ; then echo "ERROR: sqlplus command finished with error code {RETCODE}" /usr/bin/mailx -s "REFRESHING FMLA CONTACT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart Logic for a Korn Shell Master Script

Hello All, I was wondering if someone can help me to develop restart logic for a Korn Shell program (a master script) that I am developing. The program is design to invoke a series of child processes (Korn Shell Scripts) whose function is to create a series of load files on a specified mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesdk5
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script on Month Changing Logic

Hi Unix Experts, Happy Morning to all !! :) I am new to UNIX Shell Scripting and at my begineer level. To get acquainted to scripting, I am trying to create a script. The details/requirements of my script was to create a script with month changing logic in it so that on every 6th Working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micky3112
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)