Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop reading file with multiple conditions Post 302803553 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 04:31:52 AM
Old 05-07-2013
Why are you using two [ ? you have to use (..

Unix interpretes [ to test command
This User Gave Thanks to vidyadhar85 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to make a loop base on reading a file?

Need help on making a loop script base on what is inside a file... File to read: List.txt List.txt contains below w/c are file name as well: SAMPLEa SAMPLEb SAMPLEc SAMPLEd SAMPLEe SAMPLEf . . . Want to make a loop that will manipulate those that are inside the file.txt w/c are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnBalayo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not access variable outside loop when a reading a file

I am writing a shell script using the korn shell. It seems that I am only able to use local variables within a while loop that is reading a file. (I can't access a variable outside a previously used while loop.) It's been a while since I wrote shell scripts. Here is a sample cat file.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to pause a while loop while reading from a file

Hi, I am building a script to grep for a string in all the files from a folder and display the results. I am reading the files one by one by placing the names in other file using while loop my code is as below while read inp do chk=`grep -c "$str" $pth/$inp` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar gajjala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file using while loop not reading last line

I have written a script to read the file line by line. It is reading and printing the lines. But it is coming out of loop before reading last line. So I am not able to print last line. How do I solve it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop is not reading tabs from the file

Hi, I am on HP-UX and K shell. When I am using while/for loop for reading a file. It is working fine but not reading tabs: Suppose, if the line is: ; ;COMP; ; ; ; then loop is reading as ; ;COMP; ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values in while loop

I'm having trouble with a simple piece of code. IFS=, echo "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" | while read x y do echo "x=$x" echo "y=$y" done I'm hoping for x=1 y=2 x=3 y=4 . . . but I'm getting x=1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabbata
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing \r and \n during reading file through while loop

Hi, I am writing in a file through cat command. This file will contain the path of file along with filename. e.g. /home/user/folder1/folder2/filename.txt There might be very large number of this path in same file like say 140 when I try to run while command: while read -r file do //command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pulkit Lall
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading multiple variables in a loop

Hi, I managed to read and print variable as shown in the below code. table_name=table1,table2,table3 i=0 IFS="," for i in $table_name do echo $i done Is there a way how I can read more than one variable. For example I need to read 2 variables and populate the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential Reading from two file in a loop

Hello All, I have two files with me file1.txt and file2.txt file1.txt has: 333 222 111 file2.txt has ccc bbb aaa ccc is related to 333 only, bbb is related to 222 only and aaa is related to 111 only. I have to get the values from each of the file and pass them in the URL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies
GO-TESTFLAG(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    GO-TESTFLAG(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
The 'go test' command takes both flags that apply to 'go test' itself and flags that apply to the resulting test binary. The test binary, called pkg.test, where pkg is the name of the directory containing the package sources, has its own flags: -test.v Verbose output: log all tests as they are run. -test.run pattern Run only those tests and examples matching the regular expression. -test.bench pattern Run benchmarks matching the regular expression. By default, no benchmarks run. -test.cpuprofile cpu.out Write a CPU profile to the specified file before exiting. -test.memprofile mem.out Write a memory profile to the specified file when all tests are complete. -test.memprofilerate n Enable more precise (and expensive) memory profiles by setting runtime.MemProfileRate. See 'godoc runtime MemProfileRate'. To pro- file all memory allocations, use -test.memprofilerate=1 and set the environment variable GOGC=off to disable the garbage collector, provided the test can run in the available memory without garbage collection. -test.parallel n Allow parallel execution of test functions that call t.Parallel. The value of this flag is the maximum number of tests to run simultaneously; by default, it is set to the value of GOMAXPROCS. -test.short Tell long-running tests to shorten their run time. It is off by default but set during all.bash so that installing the Go tree can run a sanity check but not spend time running exhaustive tests. -test.timeout t If a test runs longer than t, panic. -test.benchtime n Run enough iterations of each benchmark to take n seconds. The default is 1 second. -test.cpu 1,2,4 Specify a list of GOMAXPROCS values for which the tests or benchmarks should be executed. The default is the current value of GOMAXPROCS. For convenience, each of these -test.X flags of the test binary is also available as the flag -X in 'go test' itself. Flags not listed here are passed through unaltered. For instance, the command go test -x -v -cpuprofile=prof.out -dir=testdata -update will compile the test binary and then run it as pkg.test -test.v -test.cpuprofile=prof.out -dir=testdata -update AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-TESTFLAG(7)