Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unset variables in shell when it running two different loops Post 302802813 by hanson44 on Sunday 5th of May 2013 12:46:01 AM
Old 05-05-2013
Please go back and edit for those code tags. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variables being worked on inside of loops

I have a while read loop that reads values inside of a file and then performs an expr operation on each. Everything works fine, the way it's supposed to but, once the loop is finished, I can not access the variable that I used inside of the loop (but that variable was created outside of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting headache... loops & variables

Surely there's an easier way to do this, lets see if anyone knows! I am new to scripting so go easy on me! I have the following script and at the moment it doesn't work and I believe the problem is that I am using a while loop within a while loop. When I run the script using sh -x I can see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevePace
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unset all variables in shell?

can I use unset to unset all the variables in a shell sciprt? VAR1=1 VAR2=2 VAR3=3 unset whether this unset will afftect any system variables? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balamv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check exit status of unset variables

Hi All, Is there any way to check exit status of unset variables? In the following code PathX is not set and the script terminates without checking exit status. #!/bin/bash Path="/tmp/log" cd ${PathX:?} if ;then echo "Exit Status : non zero" else echo "Exit Status :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loops with multiple variables

Hi script gurus. I have need to know how to use for loop with multiple variable. Basically lets take for example /etc/passwd file has following entries The above cat command will basically first greps the real users that have email addresses then converts ':' to '+' then using cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask] about unset variables

I'm wondering, is the number of variables will affect execution time of my bash script or maybe affect the cpu workload, cpu memory, etc ? If I create so many variables, should I unset each one of that variables after I used them or after I think they are no longer needed? and if my script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loops and variables under bash

Hi, This is probably going to be very simple but i came across something i can't quite explain. Here is the situation: i have a list of files, which i'd like to process one by one (get the size, make some tests, whatever) and generate some statistics using different variables. Something... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m69w
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two variables in output file name nested for loops

I am trying to use two nested for loops to process some files and then create a new file using both variables in the output file name. I have several files in this naming style: S1_L3_all_R1.fastq S1_L3_all_R2.fastq S1_L4_all_R1.fastq S1_L4_all_R2.fastq . . S1_L8_all_R1.fastq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aminards
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing all local variables for unset

I have tried to thoroughly search other threads before posting this question... I have a shell script (bsh) that I'd like to "re-execute" if the user chooses to. Before the program is executed again the local variables (those set within the script) need to be unset. Is there a command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: powwm
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating variables in a running shell process

Hi I was hoping some one might be able to help me with my problem. I am trying to write a script that will help organize our print server by identifying when a new file has arrived and deleting the older version. I have most of the code written that I need although I still have one small... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
2 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)