Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex string search query.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex string search query. Post 302802139 by mohtashims on Friday 3rd of May 2013 03:19:49 AM
Old 05-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
As per my understanding below might work

Code:
awk -F"[<>]" '/Notify/&&/Number/{var=$9};/Status/&&/Event/{var1=$7}END{print "Request "var" has "var1}' filename

I need to pass the request number as argument to the script however, passed or failed is not a variable but something that the log file will have that I need to read and display for this request number.

I did not understand what does two variables and $9 and $ 7 used for in your suggestion ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex search and output

Hi, I have somewhat of a complex task at hand. I am on a HP-UX box and I need to search for information embedded in files, further embedded into a file/folder structure. I compiled a list of information that I need found: File=list.csv DATE FIELD 1 FIELD2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doza22
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Complex MySQL Query(s)

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue, I am working on a bit of a CMDB for a friend, it's to do with real estate. Anyway, this is my situation. I have a table which contains all the properties (forsale, sold, etc) in the DB named "property". Now, this is what I want to achieve, I wish to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex query

A file whose location i am not aware of contains the below text <url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(FAILOVER=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=ngm2sn1p2-vip.mybank.net)(PORT=4001))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ngm2sn2p2-vip.mybank.net)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for complex search and print

Input: 9999~cbc~100~209~ozzxczcz~10001001001~100~abc10 123~a~sdklfjl~sldoi~~~ksjdfnkjsdf~123456 125~g~sdklfjl~slsdfsdfsdfsdfdoi~~~~~~~~ksjdfnkjsdf~345 127~wera~sdklfjl~sldoi~~~ksjdfnkjsdf~123 128~awer~swerwerdklfjl~sldoi~~~ksjdfnkjsf~1da2345... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Query regarding folder size

Hi, I provide the path to a folder. I would like so drill in each folder inside the folder i gave and show me the size in human readable form du -sh <folder-name> of the top 8 folders with maximum sizes. For example: Path of the folder: "/opt/app/myapp" has these directories. ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the specific content from the complex file

Hi, I have a file with complex data without delimiter, have requirement to fetch the specific record based on some charcters. here is my file data ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
12 Replies
SRU::Request(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 SRU::Request(3pm)

NAME
SRU::Request - Factories for creating SRU request objects. SYNOPSIS
use SRU::Request; my $request = SRU::Request->newFromURI( $uri ); DESCRIPTION
SRU::Request allows you to create the appropriate SRU request object from a URI object. This allows you to pass in a URI and get back one of SRU::Request::Explain, SRU::Request::Scan or SRU::Request::SearchRetrieve depending on the type of URI that is passed in. See the docs for those classes for more information about what they contain. METHODS
newFromURI() newFromURI() is a factory method which you pass a complete SRU url. newFromURI() will return an appropriate object for the type of request being conducted: o SRU::Request::Explain o SRU::Request::Scan o SRU::Request::SearchRetrieve If the request is not formatted properly the call will return undef. The error encountered should be available in $SRU::Error. newFromCGI() A factory method for creating a request object from a CGI object. my $cgi = CGI->new(); my $request = SRU::Request->newFromCGI( $cgi ); asXML() Used to generate <echoedExplainRequest>, <echoedSearchRetrieveRequest> and <echoedScanRequest> elements in the response. type() Returns 'searchRetrieve', 'scan' or 'explain' depending on what type of object it is. perl v5.12.4 2009-11-20 SRU::Request(3pm)