Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Egrep ERE to find null
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Egrep ERE to find null Post 302801923 by hanson44 on Thursday 2nd of May 2013 04:53:11 PM
Old 05-02-2013
Quote:
This is what I ended up using that works
That's way too convoluted. It may "work", but it's too confusing to put into long-term source code. And it is grammatically incorrect, as I pointed out before. I would look at the other suggestions that were made, as you indicated you want to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find egrep version on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I find the egrep version installed on Solaris 10 as I don't see any egrep --version option.Also wanted to know which version would support option of -A (eg. egrep -A NUM PATTERN FILE ) Print NUM lines of trailing context after matching lines. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find null fields in file

Hi All, I have some csv files out of which i want to find records which have empty values in either the 14th or 16th fields. The following is a sample. $cut -d',' -f14,16 SPS* | head -5 VOIP_ORIG_INFO,VOIP_DEST_INFO sip:445600709315@sip.com,sip:999@sip.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can find Null value in If condition

Hi, i wrote If Conditions in my script, it's returns null and some values. but i am unable to find when Null value getting. bec we need modification according null vales. pls help me on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using /dev/null with grep and find

Hi, I am trying to display the filename in which a string was found after using find and grep. For this after some googling I found that this works: find -name "*.java" -exec grep "searchStr" {} /dev/null \; I wanted to know the difference between the above and the following: find -name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_s
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if few fields in a file are null

Hi, I've a pipe delimited file where I want to find out a number of lines where 1st 2nd and last field are null using awk/sed. Is it possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find null column

Hi, everyone I have a requirement as following: source file 1, abc, def, caaa 2, , cde, aaa 3, bcd, , adefefg I need find columns which contains null value, in above example, I need get two rows 2, , cde, aaa 3, bcd, , adefefg anybody has idea how to achive this ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help required to find pattern

Hi All, Can some one please help me how to grep the comments from "oracle" & "sybase" code. I would like to grep below type of pattern. -- /* */ Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find null column?

hi Gurus, I need find the null column in a file. my file like below abc, ,cde,def abc,ded,cdd,def abc, ,ddd,ccd aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd basic, I need to find the lines which second column is null Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find record having null value

Hi All My requirement is to find the null values in particular column of a file and reject it in case if it contains null values. But the challenge is that I want a common command which can be used across different file, as the position of the column we need to check for different file may get... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep find word that occurs twice in a row

Hi there I am trying to figure out and understand what the syntax would be to egrep lines that have a word occur twice in a row. the two words obviously should have a space between them and also it has to be case sensitive which I believe grep is by deffault. the closest I have come is... grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spo_2138
7 Replies
term::ansi::code::macros(n)					 Terminal control				       term::ansi::code::macros(n)

NAME
term::ansi::code::macros - Macro sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require textutil::repeat package require textutil::tabify package require term::ansi::code::macros ?0.1? ::term::ansi::code::macros::names ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides higher level control sequences for more complex shapes. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::macros::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace macros. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. SEQUENCES ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu The description of a menu is converted into a formatted rectangular block of text, with the menu command characters highlighted using bold red text. The result is returned as the result of the command. The description, menu, is a dictionary mapping from menu label to command character. ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string The paragraph of text contained in the string is padded with spaces at the right margin, after normalizing internal tabs, and then put into a frame made of box-graphics. The result is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, control, frame, menu, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::macros(n)