Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to know which software is correct? Post 302801253 by DGPickett on Wednesday 1st of May 2013 03:59:13 PM
Old 05-01-2013
A package has prerequisite packages. What are those error messages?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats the correct software?

Hello everyone, what is the best program for listening to mp3s and waching .avi videos? thanks Tay PS am I the first all linux cybercafe in the world? PPS all users are on mandrake, and the customers are loving its speed and security! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayoz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz correct this

grep pattern a.log|grep -e "p1" |cut -d":" -f1,2,3,4,8,9,10|cut -d"/" -f5 -e "p2" |cut -d":" -f1,2,3,4,6|cut -d"/" -f5 >> file Dont know why the above command isnt working :-( can someone correct me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is the script correct ???

Dear Collegues is the below given is correct ? #!/usr/bin/perl $a = @ARGV; while ($a = @ARGV) { exec "./jagan ../dat/ml_in @ARGV"; } Jagan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please correct my Script

I am new to awk, can somone please correct the following script awk -F "," 'BEGIN { foreach ((getline < "file1.csv") > 0) {i++ a=1 --> assuming the first column in the row will be stored in a foreach (a in f1) { if (a == $5) continue print a; } } } file2.csv' Here is what I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please correct this

I have input file like this Input file: ABC|abc_etc_passwd XYZ|XYZ_etc_passwd zXY|XYZ_etc_passwd IJK|test_etc_passwd KLM|test_etc_passwd i want to do following in a loop. grep 'ABC' *abc_etc_passwd* grep 'XYZ' *XYZ_etc_passwd* grep 'ZXY' *ZXY_etc_passwd* i have tried this for i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to troubleshoot and correct

Reference (to previous post title): Help_Beginner in Unix I need assistance in terms of troubleshooting this codes.Though it not complete for the required task,shedding of any idea will be appreciated. the information about the code is the thread referenced above Code: #!/bin/ksh touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moraks007
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I was trying this command...am I going correct? other there is better way

I was trying to copy all debs from apt cache to some storage location and I was taking this approach... /var/cache/apt/archives# ls -1 | grep -v jdownloader | fgrep .deb | xargs cp /media/eshant/L-STORE/Softwares/openjdk/an error bla_bla.deb is a not directory stalled me Suggestions please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Correct use of substr

I have a file that looks like this: >ID_1 ATGCATGC >ID_2 ATGCATGC >ID_3 ATGCATGC >ID_4 ATGCATGC And I am using the following script to "extract" specific positions from the sequences: awk '/^>/{id=$0; next}{ print id "\n" substr( $1,1,1 ) substr ($1,4,2 ) substr ($1,7,1) }'... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
12 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)