Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to sync a lv
Operating Systems AIX Unable to sync a lv Post 302800723 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 30th of April 2013 11:31:10 AM
Old 04-30-2013
Quote:
Unable to completely resynchronize volume.
The logical volume has bad-block relocation policy turned off.
This may have caused the command to fail.
Does this suggest that you have an error on your disk to you? It does to me. You might be able to get away with removing the state copy of the LV and then re-mirroring.
If the suggestion from -=XrAy=- doesn't sort you out, then can you give us the output from:-
Code:
lsvg -p rootvg
lsvg -l rootvg
lslv -M hd6

Then, for each disk returned in the first command:-
Code:
lspv -l hdiskn
lspv -M hdiskn

I hope that this helps.

Robin,
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Workstations are not sync

What's the idea of Unsyncron SUN WS's ? one of our client had a problem & my supervisor told me that this causes of unsynchron WS's i mean maybe the setting of one is not compatible with other ..... Any Suggestion would be helpful Rgrds, nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. SuSE

unable to sync the time with ntp server

Hi folks, The server time is no tgetiing synched up with the NTP server. I tried ntpdate -u <ipadress> this is not working. please help out. regards, Sag. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

4. Solaris

R-sync for solaris?

Hi Gurus I ave a Prod,standby and DR server(All Sol 5.9) and i need to sync the Application running in prod,standby and DR. The Application vests in a filesystem(a directory) and syncing the directory would server my purpose. I came across rsync utility and am planning to implement it. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sync

Folks; I have 2 SUSE DNS servers, one will be the master and one will be the slave. we normally update the master when adding any new servers to the DNS list. I'm looking for a way to sync both servers every night, so the slave is updated nightly. I thought of using "rsync" with cron to sync... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Sync two servers

Hi All, want to sync. two servers , both are having solaris os. If am updating any thing in one server , it will automatically sync. with the other server . Is it possible , if so den how ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sync directory

Hi, I have directory name as TEST on server1 and same directory TEST on server2 now i need to using these directories as new directories and files will be generated by application in TEST directory daily. I dont have rsync package on server. My approach is by lists all sub-directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to sync without rsync?

rsync for solaris seems to be a spotty beast. It's not installed by default. I facing a problem where I didn't have root access to be able install rsync. I did have ssh access and was able to configure the authorized keys so that no password was required to connect from one server to another. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abe123
1 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)