Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version Post 302800295 by PikK45 on Monday 29th of April 2013 11:42:19 AM
Old 04-29-2013
Do you want to create a directory under "/data/control/ck/" or to move the file to that directory??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare version file

i have 2 files: file1 and file2. file1 has 7000 lines file2 has 7001 lines i used: sdiff file1 file2 and it shows diff at line 7001. also used: diff file1 file2 > file3 patch -p0 < file3 file1 and it shows diff at line 7001 how do i find out the additional line ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compressing all directories inside a directory and remove the uncompressed version

hi pls give me a script to compress all directories inside a directory and remove the original uncompressed version... >> please also tell the single commmand to uncompress all the directories back...whemn needed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare new version of two directory

How to compare new version exist of two path directory. for e.g., path1 - /user/path/test/ path2 - /user/path/score/ If its exist new version then copy that new version into the first path directroy. How will do this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

OS version and Firmware version

Guys, How to find OS version and firmware version in LINUX? Like in AIX. uname -a will show me the version 5.3, 6.1,7.1. lsmcode -c will show me - system firmware image as SF240_417. What are the similar commands in Linux. I checked uname -a and cat /etc/release. uname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Finding version of firefox in directory

I have a unique situation, I have a RHEL OS but also a file path that has a OS image (it is not the image running on the machine) if I run fire fox -version it will give me the version of the actively installed FF however I need to know if the version of FF sitting in the non active path is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybersecEG
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting the version from jar file

Hi, I am trying to retrieve the "Implementation version" from one of the .jar file The command which tried is as below. find /usr/local/platform -name "platform.jar" -exec zipgrep "Implementation-Version:" '{}' \;|awk -F ': ' '{print $2}'I am able to get the version as below 2.9.0-29But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manipulate a text file and store each version for every changes in a directory?

I attached both picturehttps://1drv.ms/t/s!Aoomvi55MLAQh1jODfUxa-xurns_ and *.txt file of a sample work file. In this file Reactions which only start with "r1f", "r2f", "r3f"......and so on. And for each reaction the reaction rates is situated couple of lines later with a "+" sign. For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
mvdir(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 mvdir(1M)

NAME
mvdir - move a directory SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mvdir dirname name DESCRIPTION
mvdir moves directories within a file system. dirname must be a directory. If name does not exist, it will be created as a directory. If name does exist, and is a directory, dirname will be created as name/dirname. dirname and name may not be on the same path; that is, one may not be subordinate to the other. For example: example% mvdir x/y x/z is legal, but example% mvdir x/y x/y/z is not. OPERANDS
dirname The name of the directory that is to be moved to another directory in the filesystem. name The name of the directory into which dirname is to be moved. If name does not exist, it will be created. It may not be on the same path as dirname. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of mvdir when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. >0 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkdir(1), mv(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Mar 1997 mvdir(1M)