Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vnc to RedHat Server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat vnc to RedHat Server Post 302798831 by hicksd8 on Thursday 25th of April 2013 07:16:40 AM
Old 04-25-2013
Strange. I'd download a copy of putty and try with that for comparison if nothing else. I assume that your vnc is on windows?

Putty is a free and quick download.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

VNC Server http listening port

Hi All, I'm running RH 9.0 on a PII box with 160MB RAM. Just downloaded RealVNC X86 Linux (version 3.3.7). How can I get the HTTP listening port up ? Thanks, KENT (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
6 Replies

2. AIX

How can I take control the native X server on AIX5.3 via VNC ?

Hello I need to be able to take control of the native X server ( :0.0 ) on AIX5.3 workstations via VNC to be able to assist users...seeing what they are doing is much better than them telling me what they are doing. I know that this can be done on linux so it should doable on AIX. On linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
0 Replies

3. Solaris

VNC server from the Companion cd. Solaris 8 SPARC

hey. i have been installing the VNC server from the solaris Companion cd under solaris 8 SPARC, when i try to open the vncserver i get: Xvnc is not in your PATH, how do i add it to the PATH ? and how do i install it if i need to do that, thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

4. Linux

VNC Server, brings up really basic Xwindows

I am running Startcom linux ES5 . When i bring up the VNC server and login to the machine running a vnc client , I only get the real basic x-windows session and a term window. how can i get it to bring up the real linux desktop on all sessions? Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

5. Solaris

vnc server error

I 'm unable to start vnc server, i get following error in the log file Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed' xsetroot: unable to open display 'essapl020-u009:0' twm: unable to open display "essapl020-u009:0" xterm Xt error: Can't open display: essapl020-u009:0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

vnc server or x11vnc @ startup

Dear all, I am using Fedora15 kde I have installed Real vnc (server & viewer) real vnc Viewer is working fine - i like this. real vnc server has License period expired problem (i dont know how to add) I have x11vnc server (Desktop sharing) installed - Its working fine too. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VNC Server Unauthenticated Access - Nessus

hi guys Suse 10 SP2 Security guys run an app called Nessus for vulnerabilities and they found this one on my linux VNC Server Unauthenticated Access and I really don't know what they mean... I can update vnc on these servers but there is not guarantee this will fix the issue and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
2 Replies

8. Fedora

VNC Client/Server has different display

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and VNC server

Hi All I am trying to write a script that a user can use to start a a vncserver on a host and then connect to it, that bit is fine, i can do that using system commands but i have defined the hosts to use at the top of my scirpt my $allowedhosts = (site_sg() ? 'host2,host1' :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

vnc server fixed resolution

Hello everyone, This is my last resort. I have searched the internet everywhere using different search engines as well. I am using Redhat 7 where I activated a vncserver (since it comes pre-installed). using the following service: Description=Remote desktop service (VNC)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deyan Broekman
0 Replies
download(1)							   User Commands						       download(1)

NAME
download - host resident PostScript font downloader SYNOPSIS
download [-f] [-p printer] [-m name] [-H directory] [file]... /usr/lib/lp/postscript/download DESCRIPTION
download prepends host resident fonts to files and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. download assumes the input files make up a single PostScript job and that requested fonts can be included at the start of each input file. Requested fonts are named in a comment (marked with %%DocumentFonts:) in the input files. Available fonts are the ones listed in the map table selected using the -m option. The map table consists of fontname-file pairs. The fontname is the full name of the PostScript font, exactly as it would appear in a %%Doc- umentFonts: comment. The file is the pathname of the host resident font. A file that begins with a / is used as is. Otherwise the pathname is relative to the host font directory. Comments are introduced by % (as in PostScript) and extend to the end of the line. The only candidates for downloading are fonts listed in the map table that point download to readable files. A font is downloaded once, at most. Requests for unlisted fonts or inaccessible files are ignored. All requests are ignored if the map table can not be read. OPTIONS
-f Force a complete scan of each input file. In the absence of an explicit comment pointing download to the end of the file, the default scan stops immediately after the PostScript header comments. -p printer Check the list of printer-resident fonts in /etc/lp/printers/printer/residentfonts before downloading. -m name Use name as the font map table. A name that begins with / is the full pathname of the map table and is used as is. Other- wise name is appended to the pathname of the host font directory. -H directory Use dir as the host font directory. The default is /usr/lib/lp/postscript. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Examples of the download command. The following map table could be used to control the downloading of the Bookman font family: % % The first string is the full PostScript font name. The second string % is the file name - relative to the host font directory unless it begins % with a /. % Bookman-Light bookman/light Bookman-LightItalic bookman/lightitalic Bookman-Demi bookman/demi Bookman-DemiItalic bookman/demiitalic Using the file myprinter/map (in the default host font directory) as the map table, you could download fonts by issuing the following command: example% download -m myprinter/map file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The download program should be part of a more general program. download does not look for %%PageFonts: comments and there is no way to force multiple downloads of a particular font. Using full pathnames in either map tables or the names of map tables is not recommended. SunOS 5.11 9 Sep 1996 download(1)